If you use customization profiles in AvaTax for Communications to calculate tax for multiple companies or business units that require separate tax calculation settings, it's important to keep your settings up-to-date to match your business requirements. Learn how to edit a Bundle Group to change the products or services included in your bundles.
If you've already included a bundle in transactions, you should keep it on file so that you have a record of the transaction/service type pairs used to calculate tax. Consider adding a new bundle to the Bundle Group instead of deleting the existing bundles from the group.
|Avalara recommends testing all customizations in your sandbox account before you add them to your production account. After you add customizations to your production account, run test transactions or use the tax determination calculator to make sure you receive the expected results before you complete any bill runs.|
Before you begin
Bundle Groups have to be assigned to a profile to be applied to tax calculations, so make sure you've created a profile before setting up your Bundle Group.
- In the Communications Customer Portal, select Settings.
The Settings page opens.
- Next to Customizations, select Manage.
The Customizations page opens.
- On the Profiles tab, select the Bundles tab.
- On the Bundles tab, find the Bundle Group you want to edit and then select more ( ... ).
- Select Edit.
The Edit Bundle Group page opens.
- Optional: Edit the Bundle Name.
- Adjust any of the following Bundle Details:
- Transaction Type: This is the first half of the T/S Pair that you'll use for this bundle.
- Service Type: This is the second half of the T/S Pair that you'll use for this bundle.
- Select an allocation method:
- Percent (%) of sale: Select this option if you want to specify the percentage that each T/S pair the bundle.
- Amount ($) of sale: Select this option only if you sell the bundle for a fixed price. You'll set a dollar amount for each item in the bundle.
- Enter the details for each item included in the bundle:
- T/S Type: If you already know the full T/S pair, enter it here.
- Transaction Type: If you don't know the full T/S pair, select the transaction type here.
- Service Type: If you don't know the full T/S pair, select the service type here.
- Allocation: Enter the percentage or dollar amount allocation for each item here.
- Percentage allocation: The total percentages must add up to 100%.
- Dollar amount allocation: Make note of the Total Allocation dollar amount. When you use this bundle T/S pair in a transaction, the line item amount must match this Total Allocation dollar amount.
- Select Add Another T/S Type Pair to add more items to the bundle.
- Optional: Select Add Another Bundle if you want to add another bundle to the Bundle Group, and repeat step 6 for each bundle that you add.
- Under Assign Profiles, assign the bundle to one or more profiles.
- Select Save Bundle Group.
The bundle group is saved, and the Bundles page opens.