In addition to testing with the tax calculator, you'll want to create a transaction in AvaTax for Beverage Alcohol to verify tax calculations.
Note: As a prerequisite, customers should set up their, Where you collect tax for sales/use and alcohol taxes to ensure the tax calculations are appropriate. For more information, see Tell us where you collect and pay beverage and alcohol tax.
- In AvaTax for Beverage Alcohol, From Transactions > Transactions, click Add Transactions.
- For information about adding a transaction, see add a transaction.
We recommend testing common workflows and billing scenarios including quotes, return invoices, and credit memos.
Here are some things you might want to include in a test transaction:
- Once the transaction is posted, review the transaction in AvaTax for Beverage Alcohol on the Transactions page.
- Make changes to your AvaTax for Beverage Alcohol settings as needed.
- Once you're satisfied with the results, void the transaction so it isn't included in your reports or sales tax returns. To Void the transaction:
- Select the transaction.
- Click Change Status.
- Select a status, Voided, Committed or Uncommitted.
- Click Save to change the status of the transaction. A success message is displayed.
Note: Once you change the status of a transaction to Void, you cannot revert the status.