Your business needs can change over time, either as your business itself changes or as the accounting software you use changes. When your business needs change, or as you better understand what Avalara can do for you, you might also want to make changes to your products or services. Use this FAQ to get answers to some common questions about changing your Avalara products or services.
How do I extend a development (a.k.a. sandbox) account for further AvaTax testing?
Avalara provides a development account, also called a test account or sandbox environment, to all customers who've purchased our Sales Tax API integration for development and implementation of a customized AvaTax solution.
The extension fee varies based on your original subscription purchase.
What should I do before I cancel Returns?
How do I downgrade an Avalara service?
The terms and conditions you accept when you activate your Avalara service account include Avalara service subscription plan information. Review the terms.
- Your company name
- The service you wish to downgrade
You must notify Avalara of a reduction request at least 30 days prior to your service renewal date, and the reduction will be effective at the start of your renewal term. For more information, visit Avalara terms.
How do I get a development (a.k.a. sandbox) account?
How do I purchase a software connector?
How do I end my registration in the Streamline Sales Tax (SST) program?
How do I add or change my Avalara services?
To make changes or additions to the services you have from Avalara, contact your Customer Account Manager (CAM).. They can assist you with changing your current service or adding new services. Some changes or additions you can make include but aren't limited to:
- Adding the ability to calculate tax outside of the US and Canada (global)
- Increasing your transaction or return count
- Having us start filing your returns
- Changing your AvaTax integration software
- Having us store your certificate images
- Having us register your business to collect tax in a new state
How do I cancel an Avalara product or service?
The terms and conditions you accept when you complete your order include the terms for cancelling an Avalara product or service. Review the terms.
To cancel your Avalara product or service subscription, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll receive an email with instructions for completing an online cancellation form. The online form collects the information we need to process your request for the specific products or services you're cancelling. It only takes a few moments to complete. If you fail to complete the survey, there may be processing delays.
- Cancelling New Orders - If we receive your notice of cancellation within 60 days of the date you signed your contract, Avalara will cancel your service and refund your service fees.
- Cancelling Renewals - If we receive your notice of cancellation prior to your scheduled renewal date, Avalara will cancel your service renewal.
- Final Invoice - If we receive your notice of cancellation prior to your contract end date, Avalara will send you a final invoice for the remainder of your contract obligation, as specified in your order's terms and conditions.
If you purchased your Avalara product through a partner (e.g. Sage, Epicor, Intaact), review your contract with the appropriate partner for details of their cancellation and refund policies. Some partners have different contracts that may supersede Avalara's policies.