This document applies to all license types. Content last updated 8/15/2016.
Help Center documentation is confidential and proprietary to Avalara clients.
If your jurisdiction accepts direct transmission of the eFile from Avalara Returns Excise, you will see a Transmit button on the Tax Sessions tab.
The tax jurisdiction determines the settings values. Most of the settings are pre-configured in the software, though some are user entered.
- Click Maintenance > Companies.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select Transmission Settings from the Settings Category dropdown list.
- Click a grid row to view the settings.
- Values that are grayed out are set by the software and cannot be changed.
- In editable fields, type in the value supplied by the tax jurisdiction and click Update.
- If you want to prevent users with edit only access from seeing the value, check mark the Encrypted box. Only an Admin level user can uncheck this to see or edit the field.
- Jurisdictions without the Transmit button for eFile have their own submission guidelines. Most use a website, FTP location, or email.
Jurisdictions with transmission
The following jurisdictions and their efiling type are enabled in Returns Excise for direct transmission. The acceptance of direct transmissions is subject to the jurisdiction's discretion.
- Alabama XML
- Florida EDI
- Iowa EDI
- Indiana XML
- Kentucky EDI
- Oklahoma XML
- Tennessee EDI
- Washington XML
- Utah XML