This document applies to all licenses. Content last updated 3/23/2017.
Help Center documentation is confidential and proprietary to Avalara clients.
Data file upload is done from an existing tax session in the Tax Sessions grid. This method of data import does not use scenarios or profiles, so each required field for a schedule needs to be provided.
Create a tax session
To create a tax session, the jurisdiction, taxpayer type, and beginning/ending period date must be specified. A tax session cannot be created that is a duplicate of the tax period and sequence.
- Click Tax Filing > Tax Sessions.
- Click Add New Record.
- In the Avalara - Create Session window, complete the following fields:
- Taxpayer Type
- Terminal Code (only required for Taxpayer Type of TOR - Terminal Operator Report)
- Begin Period Date
- Beginning or end date will populate automatically to correspond to the one selected
- Click Create Session. You will see the message "Record inserted".
- Insert another record or close the window by clicking X in the upper right corner.
- Your session now appears in the Tax Session grid.
Click here to continue on to uploading your file into the software.