This document applies to Enterprise licenses. Content last updated 5/19/2016.
Help Center documentation is confidential and proprietary to Avalara clients.
Assumption: You are familiar with the manual manipulation of the Business Entity and Location data records in the Maintenance menu, and the functions of Schedule Scenarios and Profiles as they apply to your company’s import process.
Schedule Transaction Importer tool
The Schedule Transaction Importer (STI) tool is an external application outside of the Returns Excise environment.
- Can be used for transaction and master data import.
- Can be used for master data import only.
- Works with custom adaptors written to transform client specific source data.
- Ability to connect directly to back end data sources.
- Can be part of an automated process.
After your install and configuration is completed, you are ready to import.
- Launch the Schedule Transaction Importer.
- On the Data File tab, click the Browse button.
- Select the file from your computer for import.
- Click Transmit Data. This step sends the file to the software for processing.
- The display will switch to the Transmission Log tab, which gives you a status at the end of the transmit.
- Click Clear Log File to clear out the window's contents before a new file a transmitted, and then click Yes on the subsequent dialog box to confirm it.