This site is only for Avalara customers licensed for Returns Excise, AvaTax Excise and Government.
Documentation of operation, usage and release dates is confidential and proprietary information of Avalara.
Content last updated: March 25, 2021.
Avalara supports customers using third party software only if that software continues to receive automatic fixes, updates, or online technical assistance from their respective vendors.
- Google supported versions of Chrome
- Mozilla supported versions of Firefox
- Microsoft supported versions of Internet Explorer or Edge
Microsoft has been declaring that Internet Explorer is not supported with certain of their applications. Ask your IT team if you should be using a newer browser.
- If your browser's forward & back buttons don't do what you expect, try the menu. Open a support case if this continues to be a problem.
- Some Avalara Excise pages show links take you back to a previous operation, like when viewing a tax return.
- Make sure your browser bookmarks / favorites are set to Avalara's sign in page.
Sandbox: https://excisesbx.avalara.com (not available to Pro licensed customers)
Menus and options may vary slightly in different browsers.
Click your browser’s menu and then Help to find specific troubleshooting steps.
- Press the Ctrl + 0 keys at the same time - this sets the magnification to 100%.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + R keys at the same time - this reloads the current page, ignoring cached content.
- If you're using Internet Explorer, try Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Delete temporary files/browsing data - this includes saved passwords. Note that browser saved passwords may not be secure.
- Sign out from all web applications and close all web browsers.
- Re-open your web browser and go to any page that does not have Avalara in the address.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + DEL keys at the same time. If you have not done this recently, it may take several minutes to complete.
- Wait at least 10 seconds between clicking the Refresh link. Each time you click Refresh, the browser must complete the command. Clicking more often will slow apparent response time because the browser must repeat each Refresh.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + J keys at the same time - this shows any errors in the browser's console. Include this in Open a performance Support Case.
- Close and re-open all browser windows.
What performance can I expect?
Our average performance standard is 5 seconds or less to display a new page. If pages consistently take longer than this going from page to page, we may have a performance issue. Try these:
- Try the Display problems solutions above.
- Close out other windows that are streaming data, like news, weather, music or ads.
- Check internet response times with other sites, your IT team may suggest speed test sites.
- If you are downloading multiple files at the same time, wait for them to finish.
My data import is slow
Is someone else importing similar data? Two or more jobs updating similar data will slow each other. Coordinate import times with your coworkers.
A page is slow
For pages with a grid (e.g. Tax Sessions) use a single-click on the grid rows. A double-click can cause the browser to rapidly open (click 1) and close (click 2).
For all pages, try using the menu to navigate somewhere else and then back.
Open a performance Support Case
If none of the above resolves the issue, open a support case and let us know what you've tried from the steps above. Be sure to include:
- Click Admin > Support Cases > Support Case Data.
- Choose the type of issue and answer the questions.
- In Any comments or information you would like to share, include this type of information.
- Which page
- Steps to recreate
- Steps you tried to resolve the problem
- Page Response Times (filter business entities, display open tax sessions, schedule entry, etc.)
- Browser name and version
- Create a Support Case