This document applies to all license types. Content last updated 8/25/2016.
Help Center documentation is confidential and proprietary to Avalara clients.
► A WalkMe tutorial is available for this topic.
The system default dashboard has the following widgets: Message Center, Schedule Transactions Import, Support Cases, Tax Filing Calendar, and Tax Session Status Per Period. To re-arrange the widgets use drag & drop. To add or remove widgets, you will need to create a custom dashboard.
What's a widget?
Aside from being a really fun word, a widget is an interactive item that displays information, and in some cases, offers a shortcut to frequently used operations. (Not all widgets are available to Excise Pro users).
- Calendar displays general events.
- Current System Activity shows a count of running and pending System Activity Tasks.
- Message Center Where you'll see the most recent notifications for:
- New releases
- Alerts - late breaking news, rate changes, etc.
- User account changes (password resets, etc.)
- Schedule Transactions Import allows you to import transactions and view the results.
- Support Cases contains cases is a list of cases opened for the current user.
- Support Case History is a historical chart summary of support cases filed.
- Tax Filing Calendar displays tax filing events.
- Tax Session Counts Per Period shows a count of tax sessions for selected months.
- Tax Session Status Per Period shows a breakdown of the status of tax sessions for months.
- Tax Session Workflow is a quick reference to the status of tax sessions.
Create a personal dashboard
Begin a new, blank dashboard to which you can add the widgets you want to see. You may create multiple dashboards having unique names.
Tip: You can copy the system default dashboard and use the copy as the basis for your customer dashboard.
- Click Tools.
- Select Create Dashboard.
- Type in a name for your dashboard.
- Choose a layout. This is how your widgets will be arranged when you add them.
- Click Submit.
- Click the dropdown to switch to another dashboard.
- Click Tools > Pin Dashboard to pin it to the top of the selections list. Click Tools > Unpin Dashboard to remove a pinned selection.
- Click Delete Dashboard to remove the dashboard. The system default dashboard may not be deleted.
Copy the system default dashboard
Make a copy the system default dashboard.
- Click Tools and select Copy Dashboard. The name of the new one is Copy of System Default Dashboard.
- Click Tools > Edit Dashboard.
- Change the name and/or layout.
- Click Submit.
- Select a custom dashboard.
- Click Add Widgets.
- Click on one widget icon to add it and then click on Add Widget.
- Select another widget and add it, or click Close.
- Drag & drop the widgets by the title bar to rearrange them.
- Hover the title bar to display icons to minimize, refresh, settings and delete.
- The settings choices (gear icon) will vary according to what the widget does. The below example is for calendar. Click Submit to save the settings.
- You can use drag & drop to reorder the widgets on your home page.