This site is only for Avalara customers licensed for Returns Excise, AvaTax Excise and Government.
Documentation of operation, usage and release dates is confidential and proprietary information of Avalara.
Content last updated: 2020-12-29 (Overvew clarified).
To keep current with changing rates and other governmental requirements, Avalara provides Platform, Content Pre-Releases and Content Releases every month. click Releases in the menu at the top of any page for the scheduled date and time window. Update releases for late breaking enhancements, jurisdiction changes and fixes to Avalara Excise are announced and made available when needed.
Make sure you're on a supported version of Windows Server, SQL Server and the Avalara Excise Platform.
What's in a release?
To learn about the types of releases we deliver and when, click Releases in the menu at the top of any page.
If you login to https://excise.avalara.net to use the Avalara Excise Platform, you only need to download the Release Highlights and review the changes that we apply for you.
How do I download Release Highlights or other files?
- Login to the Avalara Excise production site.
- If you have multiple Companies, select your Master Company.
Tip: Reports > Express View > Data Source: Company / Sub-Company will show your Master and Sub-Companies in a grid.
- Go to Admin > Support Downloads.
- Click Select version and choose one to download.
- For most releases the one at the top will be the most recent.
- For a Content Preview type the year to see the most recent Content Preview. (Click Releases at the top of the page, if you're not sure what a Content Preview is.)
customers will need to use these Select Version choices in addition to the above:
- Documentation - System Requirements, the Install and Upgrade Guide and related documents
- Licenses - keys
- Click the Download icon on the right.
- Read the description in the Download File popup to make sure you want this and click Download.
- Click Save File and browse to where you want to save the file.
Here's a 24 second video showing the steps.