This document applies to all license types. Last updated 23 Aug 2018.
Help Center documentation is confidential and proprietary to Avalara clients.
To keep current with changing rates and other governmental requirements, provide new features and enhancements we provide monthly and quarterly Platform releases for Avalara Excise. We also provide Content Previews and late breaking enhancements and fixes in Update releases.
Make sure you're on a supported version of Windows Server, SQL Server and the Avalara Excise Platform.
What's in a release?
To learn about the types of releases we deliver and when, click Releases in the menu at the top of any page.
If you login to https://excise.avalara.net to use the Avalara Excise Platform, you only need to download the Release Highlights and review the changes that we apply for you.
How do I download Release Highlights or other files?
- Login to the Avalara Excise Platform.
- If you have multiple Companies, select your Master Company.
Tip: Reports > Express View > Data Source: Company / Sub-Company will show your Master and Sub-Companies in a grid.
- Go to Admin > Support Downloads.
- Click Select version and choose one to download.
- For most releases the one at the top will be the most recent.
- For a Content Preview type the year to see the most recent Content Preview. (Click Releases at the top of the page, if you're not sure what a Content Preview is.)
customers will need to use these Select Version choices in addition to the above:
- Documentation - System Requirements, the Install and Upgrade Guide and related documents
- Licenses - keys
- Click the Download icon on the right.
- Read the description in the Download File popup to make sure you want this and click Download.
- Click Save File and browse to where you want to save the file.
Here's a 24 second video showing the steps.