This page contains announcements and late-breaking releases. Click here for scheduled releases and highlights.
2019-11-14 ExSTARS filers: Check the eFile creation settings
This applies to you only if you file one of the following returns:
|Country||Jurisdiction||Taxpayer Type||Return Code||Return Description|
|USA||United States||CAR||720-CS||Carrier Summary Report|
|USA||United States||TOR||720-TO||Terminal Operator Report|
The IRS recently updated their eFile format and the October 2019 filing period will be your first time using it. Any time an eFile version changes, you'll want to verify and may need to update the values on the Settings tab before creating your eFile.
First, get your information from last month's eFile.
- Go to eFiling > eFile Submissions and click on the United States 9/30/2019 row.
- Click the History Log tab.
- Turn on the Filter
- In the Message column's search field paste Saved eFile Setting
- Click the Filter icon (a funnel inside a circle)
- Click Contains
- Take a screen shot of the results or export them to a file.
When you're ready to create the eFile, use your saved settings to update the Settings tab for this month's eFile.
- Go to eFiling > eFile Creation.
- Click Add New Record and select the tax session(s).
- Click the Settings tab.
- Make sure the following fields match the ones you saved.
- General Contact
- eFile Contact
- Test/Production Indicator
Control Seed Number DO NOT CHANGE
FJ Control Number DO NOT CHANGE
- Authorization Information (ISA02)
- Security Information (ISA04)
- Interchange Sender Qualifier (ISA05)
- Interchange Sender ID (ISA06)
- Application Sender ID (GS02)
- Generate the eFile and continue as usual.
These values will be used for future eFile Creation until the eFile Version is changed to meet a jurisdiction's new requirements.