This page contains news of upcoming changes, late-breaking releases, and related information for our customers.
June 14, 2021
Georgia updates suspension of fuel taxation bulletin; adds an FAQ
For the Georgia suspended fuel tax period, refer to these web pages from the State of Georgia:
- Updated Bulletin: https://dor.georgia.gov/motor-fuel-tax-bulletin-suspension-georgia-motor-fuel-taxes-updated-june-1-2021
- FAQs: https://dor.georgia.gov/document/may-june-2021-motor-fuel-executive-order-faqs/download
The most relevant instructions are provided in the answer to question 4 on this FAQ. The excerpt of the text is as follows:
|Q4: How should I report fuel sold during the Suspension Period?
A: All fuel transactions occurring during the Suspension Period that are ordinarily taxable should be reported on both the Schedule of Receipts(Gallons received in GA Tax Paid) and Schedule of Disbursements(Tax Paid Fuel Exported) worksheets. On the Schedule of Receipts worksheet, the Gallons received in GA-Tax Paid option should be selected under Schedule Type. On the Schedule of Disbursements worksheet, the Tax-paid fuel exported option should be selected under Schedule Type. The amounts reported on both schedules should be the same.The amount from the Schedule of Receipts worksheet should be reported on Line 4 of the Gallons worksheet. The amount from the Schedule of Disbursements should be reported on Line 12 of the Gallons worksheet.
Note that in Avalara Returns Excise on the MFD-04 DSTMF (Distributor Motor Fuel) return, the Receipts Gallons Received in GA - Tax Paid is schedule 1 and the Disbursements Tax-Pad Fuel Exported is schedule 13. These schedule codes are also shown in Georgia's FAQ.
The directions from the State of Georgia can be followed by Avalara customers — and a form change or modification from Avalara is not required.
For more information, contact Taxpayer Services at email@example.com or at 1-877-423-6711 between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Avalara Customer Support
June 8, 2021
5.45.0 Release Highlights for Returns Excise, AvaTax Excise and Government expanded regarding scheduled task status (ZMS-33283)
The 5.45.0 Release Highlights description for has been improved and a new copy with Revision date: 6/08/21 can now be downloaded. Here is a summary:
- Updated the setting of the status for scheduled tasks to be consistent, faster, and more accurate. Schedule Transaction Import is where you will see the biggest improvement.
- Before: An import (or other) job would sometimes show Passes (green check mark) when there were Warnings in the process jobs within the overall import job.
- Now: An import (or other) job with Warnings in a process job will show a yellow warning triangle.
- This is only a visual change.
- Users may wish to take appropriate actions (e.g. clean up the imported data) to eliminate the Warnings.
April 23, 2021
Avalara Excise production URL update for Returns Excise, AvaTax Excise and Government
On February 16th, we emailed customers that a new URL is available and the old URL is going away May 7, 2021 for Avalara Excise. This is a reminder to use the new URL now, if you have not already.
- New URL: https://excise.avalara.com - announced & available February 16, 2021
- Retiring URL: https://excise.avalara.net - will no longer be available May 7, 2021
What this means for you
If you're still using the Retiring URL, you need to take action.
- Open your browser (Chrome, Firefox or Edge)
- Go to https://excise.avalara.com.
- Update your bookmarks in the browser.
- If you use the Avalara Schedule Transaction Importer Tool with Returns Excise
- Click Update URL/address and follow the instructions.
- If you use other programs or API user accounts to access Returns Excise or AvaTax Excise
- Share this information with your IT team.
- Ask them to test program API connections before May 7, 2021.
- Support Contacts - begin using https://excise.avalara.com to create and manage your Support Cases