This document applies to all license types. Content last updated 5/25/2017
Help Center documentation is confidential and proprietary to Avalara clients
If you access the Avalara Excise services from an address other than https://excise.avalara.net or https://exciseua.avalara.net (test), this page has additional troubleshooting specific to your setup. To do these steps, you must be logged in as a back-end user.
First verify that you are using the same version of website/services/database. Version mismatches may cause issues.
Page load time
This will help you determine if there is a periodic event affecting page load time.
- Click System Diagnostic > Page Request Information.
- Filter for greater than X number of seconds to find a starting point.
- Use the date selector to compare to the same type of day of month from the previous month to note any major differences.
- For instance, if today is the Monday the 19th, then compare to last month's Monday closest to the19th day.
- Filter to specific users or anything else that will help narrow it down.
Import time is compared to a past similar event.
- Click Admin > System Activity and filter on import activity.
- Compare the same type of import file, in the same jurisdiction(s), with about the same number of records.
- Review how long the import takes, and how long any one of the (usually 1,000 record) schedule transaction jobs takes.
- Review how long the Last Batch job takes.
- Click System Diagnostic > Services and Queues.
- Click the Scheduled Tasks tab and search for those same jobs, to
- Review if they were Pending in the Queue for different periods of time
- The jobs may be waiting behind other jobs that got in the queue first, but still run fast when they get started.