After setting up your company and creating VAT Codes, you're ready to import your invoices into the system. The following steps show you how to import your invoices manually and start filing VAT Returns, Intrastat, Extrastat and other European Reports. Learn how to create a Reconciliation and obtain a summary of all the invoices reported in a VAT Return.
If you purchased the extractor when you bought VAT Reporting, you could now use it to import your invoices.
- To download the template used for importing the content of your invoices, click the Help tab > Templates > Generic Template > Full Template.
- Fill in the template with your invoice’s information. One line per invoice.
- For instructions for each column, click the headers’ red arrows.
- Save the Excel document to a folder in your computer.
- To import the invoice document, click Settings > General Settings.
- In the Reporting Settings screen, click on the Inbox tab.
- Click the button next to the search window to look for your document’s location in your computer.
- Find the correct folder and click OK. In the Reporting Settings screen, click Import.
- Your invoices have been successfully imported and the tool returns to the main screen.
- To obtain a summary of your sales or purchases invoices, fill in your Company, Period, Year, Country, check if you wish to view Sales, Purchases and click Reconciliations on the left menu.
- Choose the period mode in which you can view the invoice summary by selecting the period at the right of the screen.
- To display the list of sales or purchases invoices relating to fixed assets only, select Sales (fixed assets) or Purchases (fixed assets).
- When you click Save, the list can be stored as a PDF, CSV, or exported to a TXT file. For fixed assets, you can also create a template by clicking iVAT Revision.
You're now ready to file your VAT Returns.