What is the VAT code simulator?
Many ERP systems use a large number of VAT codes, and understanding them all can be tricky.
The VAT code simulator in Avalara VAT Reporting allows you to simulate the effects of different VAT codes and see what the VAT consequences are for using each code.
Using the VAT code simulator
- To get started, hover over the settings button, then click VAT Code Simulator.
- Select the company you want to work with and enter the date for the return.
- If you wish to use the Avalara generic VAT codes, then ensure you tick the True box under Generic Codes.
- Enter the code in the box and press Apply.
You will then see the VAT code simulation details below, you will be able to check the following:
- in which boxes of the VAT return will it be included?
- will it be reported in EC Listing?
- will it be reported in Intrastat return?
- will it be reported in the local listing (if required in that country)?
- will it be reported in the sales or purchases ledger?
Now you know how to use the VAT code simulator, to learn more about VAT Reporting, head back to our VAT Help Center.