This page will outline the steps required to get your data imported into Avalara VAT Reporting (Cloud version).
If you have not yet added your company details, please follow this guide and do that before returning to this page.
Before you can use the key features of Avalara VAT Reporting (Cloud version) we must get data imported and ready to use.
There are two main ways to get your data into Avalara VAT Reporting (Cloud version), Extractors and via direct upload.
Avalara's extractors are data processing tools that pull the transaction information from an ERP system into our systems, this is done daily and automatically.
If you are going to be using an extractor this will be setup as part of your onboarding experience, if you are having any issues with extracted data please speak to our support team for assistance.
If the ERP system you are using is not currently compatible with one of our extractors then you have the option to use a manual upload to get your data into Avalara VAT Reporting, we accept data from any source system in the form of .csv, .xml, and .txt data uploads.
We also have a generic template that can be used to help you upload. full-template.xls
Once you have your template file created, populated, and saved locally on your computer, we can start the upload.
- Head to the Transactions tab in VAT Reporting
- Select Import transactions
- Select your file, or drag and drop your file into the upload window
- Click Upload
- VAT Reporting runs checks and validations on the data
- When the upload has finished click View all processed / processing documents
- On this page you can see your uploaded documents. You can also see the number of errors and warnings found in your upload. To learn more about resolving errors and warnings please read this guide.
Summary and next steps
Data should now have be flowing into Avalara VAT Reporting, either via an extractor or by manually uploading your data using our generic template.
Next up it’s time to deal with any errors and warnings, or if your data is clean and error free you can jump ahead to filing returns