Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

How do I report stock movements?

When moving goods from country to country you will be required to be registered for tax in both the departure and destination country prior to the stock movement. Moving stock between EU countries requires an EC sale declaration and in some Caseses an EC acquisition report. Moving stock between an EU country and a non-EU country will mean the transaction is treated as an export / import. Following Brexit this is true for moving goods between the UK and EU countries, but for EU > Northern Ireland movements these will still be treated as EU to EU movements.  


  • Was this article helpful?