This guide explains how to use AvaTax Local. If you have not yet installed, see install and configure AvaTax Local.
To create a transaction, follow these steps:
- Create an invoice in your accounting, enterprise resource planning (ERP), electronic commerce (e-commerce), mobile commerce (m-commerce), or point-of-sale software (POS).
- Use your accounting, ERP, POS, e-commerce, or m-commerce software to calculate sales tax just as you would with AvaTax. The tax-calculation transaction is stored in the AvaTax Local database.
- Commit the document from your ERP, POS, e-commerce, or m-commerce software.
To post a transaction, follow these steps:
- At the end of the day, from the Start menu, click the Avalara folder, click the AvaTax Local folder, and then click AvaTaxLocal UI.
- In the AvaTax Local dialog box, click the Utilities tab, and then click the Services tab.
- At the right, click Post Transactions.
You can use the AvaTax Local Scheduler to post transactions automatically. To find out how to do that, see install and configure AvaTax Local v. 13.
To verify that your tax transaction was posted, follow these steps:
- Log into your AvaTax account at: https://admin-avatax.avalara.net/login.aspx
- Select your company, and then click the Transactions tab.
- Make sure that your transaction is listed.