This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax for Workday
To exempt customers from tax in AvaTax for Workday, use the customer's Reference ID field to add anat the customer level.
Exempt customers from tax with entity/use codes
- Sign in to Workday.
- In the Search box, type Find Customers, and then click Find Customers.
- In the Find Customers form, type any criteria to find a customer and then click OK.
- On the Find Customers page, under Customer, click the Related Actions and Preview icon.
- On the Available Actions pane, click the customer's name.
- On the Customer page, go to the Available Actions pane > Integration IDs and click Edit Reference ID.
- On the Edit Reference ID page, in the Reference ID Value field, type the entity/use code that you want to use to exempt that customer.
- Click OK.