Quicklyat once in order to ensure that the address is formatted correctly for AvaTax to calculate tax accurately. Validate a variety of addresses: your company's addresses, your customers' addresses, and your vendors' addresses.
At this time, AvaTax only validates addresses in the United States and Canada.
Validate an address
To validate an address (billing address or shipping address), ensure that the Enable address validation and the Verify Validated Addresses is enabled in the Avalara settings page.
To validate address, follow these steps:
- Go to Opportunities and click on the account you want to validate the address.
- Click Validate Billing Address to send the address along with the validation request to AvaTax. If the Enable address validation option is enabled, then the address is validated by AvaTax and if the Verify Validated Addresses is enabled, then the Address Validation page is displayed.
- On the Address Validation page, both the Current Address and the Validated/Standardized Address are shown:
- To save the address you typed, click Keep Address As Entered.
- To replace the address you have typed with the validated address, click Replace With Validated Address.
If the address is not valid, you will receive an Address Validation Returned: Error message. Type in the correct address and repeat steps 1 and 2.