Quicklyat once in order to ensure that the address is formatted correctly for AvaTax to calculate tax accurately. Validate a variety of addresses: your company's addresses, your customers' addresses, and your vendors' addresses.
At this time, AvaTax only validates addresses in the United States and Canada.
Before you validate addresses, ensure that the Disable Address Validation option in the AvaTax Setup > AvaTax Options > Address Validation tab isn't selected.
Validate customer address
To validate your customer's address, follow these steps:
- In Sage 300, go to Accounts Receivable > A/R Customers, click Customers.
- In the A/R Customers window, do either of the following:
- At the top left, in the Customer Number field, select a customer by name or number, and change any details for that customer.
- In the form fields below, type details for a new customer.
- Click Add for new customer address or click Save to update an existing customer address.
- If the address is valid, the validated address is automatically updated in the address fields.
- If the address is not valid, the following error message is shown. Update the address and click Add or Save again.
Validate ship-to address
To validate a ship-to address, follow these steps:
- In Sage 300, go to Accounts Receivable > A/R Customers, click Ship-To Locations.
- In the A/R Ship-To Locations window, select a customer by name or number. To add a new ship-to location, click New. To change the details for an existing ship-to address, select an existing row and click Open.
- Click Add for new ship-to address or click Save to update an existing ship-to address.
Validate multiple addresses
The AvaTax Address Batch utility lets you validate many customer addresses and locations at the same time. To use this utility, follow these steps:
- In the Sage Sales Tax Powered by Avalara folder, click AvaTax Address Validation.
- Next to Content Type, click either of the following:
- Customer to validate customer addresses.
- Location to validate warehouse addresses. To use this option, ensure that the Inventory Control module is active in Sage 300.
- Next to From Customer Number and To Customer Number, select a range of customers whose addresses you want to validate. If you leave this blank, AvaTax validates all of your customers' addresses.
- Next to Country, select a country in which to validate customer or location addresses.
- Next to From State and To State, select a range of states in which to validate customer or location addresses.
- At the bottom, click Validate, and then click Close.