To upgrade to the latest version of AvaTax for Sage 100, you need to:
- Find the current installed version.
- Check the Admin Console Download section for the latest version details of this integration.
- If the installed version matches the version in the Admin Console, you have the latest version installed in your integration and you don't need to worry about upgrading at this time.
- If the Admin Console has a later version, then you need to upgrade your installation. The release guide list the updates/enhancements made in the latest release.
- Download the latest version from the Admin Console.
Find your current installed version number
To find your version number, follow these steps:
- Go to Modules > Library Master > Setup > Avatax Connect Options.
- Your connector version number is listed next to Avalara.AvaTax.Adapter.
Check and download the latest version
To connect your accounting software to AvaTax, download your integration software.
- In the Admin Console, on the Home tab, click Get Started.
- In the Download and Install Your Integration Software section, click Download Software.
- In the Download Your AvaTax Connector Software window, click the arrow next to the name of your software, and then download the latest version of your integration. If the file isn't available for download, clear your browser's cache, and log back into the Admin Console.
- Save the .zip file somewhere on your computer that's easy to find.
- Right-click the .zip file and extract the installation folder or file (.exe or .pdf or .msi).
Upgrade to the latest version
It's recommend to attempt the upgrade in a test environment before upgrading your production environment.
To upgrade, follow these steps:
- Right-click the zip file and extract the installation folder or file (.exe or .msi) to somewhere that's easy to find.
- Right-click the installer, click Run as administrator and complete the installation process.
- For Sage 100 Advanced and Premium (formerly MAS 200) users, this completes the upgrade process. No additional steps required.
- For Sage 100 Standard (formerly MAS 90) users, follow the below steps to complete the upgrade process and register the DLL on the workstations:
- Locate the MAS90 Directory on the server.
- Copy the AvaTax folder from the server.
- Paste the AvaTax folder directly to the C: drive on each workstation.
- Open the AvaTax folder on the workstation.
- Run the file register_for_com.bat on each workstation.
- To confirm that the upgrade is successful, follow these steps: