After you activate AvaTax and set up your company profile, install and configure AvaTax for your accounting software. During configuration, customize your setup to fit your unique business needs for things like:
- Tax calculation settings for various tax types
- Exemption settings if you have exempt customers
- Product taxability settings
Alter these settings when your business needs change.
If you've previously installed the integration, learn how to upgrade to the latest version.
To connect your accounting software to AvaTax, download your integration software.
- In AvaTax, on the Home tab, click Get Started.
- In the Download and Install Your Integration Software section, click Download Software.
- In the Download Your AvaTax Connector Software window, click the arrow next to the name of your software, and then download the latest version of your integration. If the file isn't available for download, clear your browser's cache, and log back into AvaTax.
- Save the .zip file somewhere on your computer that's easy to find.
- Right-click the .zip file and extract the installation folder or file (.exe or .pdf or .msi).
Before you begin, make sure all Sage 100 users are logged out and the application is closed.
To install Sage 100:
- Extract the contents of the downloaded .zip file, and copy the contents to the server hosting Sage 100.
- On the Sage 100 server, double-click the Sage 100 integration .exe file, and then click Next.
- Read and accept the AvaTax License Agreement, and then click Next.
- Select the appropriate path to your Sage 100 runtime directory, and then click Install.
- When installation is complete, click Finish.
Run the register *.bat file
This step isn't necessary for Sage 100 Advanced or Premium systems because they automatically register the file when you configure AvaTax for Sage 100. All other Sage 100 systems need to manually register the file.
To manually register the file:
- Locate and copy the AvaTax folder in the Sage 100 folder.
- Copy the folder to the root-level of the drive on each workstation.
- Open the AvaTax folder on each workstation, and then double-click register_for_com.bat.
To configure AvaTax connect options:
- On the Tasks tab, go to Sage 100 > Modules > Library Master > Setup, and then click Avatax Connect Options. If you receive the error message "You are not authorized to access this program," follow these steps:
- Go to Library Master > Main > Role Maintenance.
- Select the administrative role you're logged in as, and then add access to the Avalara tasks under Library Master > Reports/Forms and Library Master > Setup Options.
- Select the AvaTax Connect Options, and then click Accept.
- In the AvaTax Configuration Options dialog box, complete the following steps:
- Account Number
- License Key
Use the information provided in an email from Avalara (sent to the email account you used to activate your AvaTax account).
- For a production account, enter https://avatax.avalara.net
- For a development account, enter https://development.avalara.net
Tax Schedule Select AVATAX to use AvaTax to perform tax calculation for your customers. Freight Code Enter one of the Avalara tax codes associated with freight. The standard code is FR. Validate Addresses into UPPERCASE Optional: Select to convert the address to uppercase before address validation. Skip Tax Calculation for V/I Imports Optional: Select to make AvaTax ignore transactions imported through the Visual Integrator jobs. Enable Ship-To By Sales Order Optional: Select to enable tax calculation based on the ship-to address at the line level of the transaction. Enable A/R Ship-To Addresses Optional: Select to enable selection of ship-to address on an A/R invoice. Company Address Enter your company address, and then click the Avalara button to validate your address to ensure accurate tax calculation. Whse Optional: Click to add and validate your warehouse address.
- From the server and each workstation, click the AvaTax button, and then click Accept.