This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop
Generate, export, and print reports in AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop.
To view reports in AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop, follow these steps:
- Go to File > AvaTax > Utilities and click AvaTax Reports.
- In the AvaTax Reports dialog box, on the Reports menu, select one of the following:
- Configuration to view a report that shows how you configured AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Freight Code to view a report that shows available freight codes.
- Customer Tax Item to view a report that shows customers and any tax item (tax jurisdiction or method) and entity use code matched to them.
- Item Tax Code Mapping to view a report that shows which items you've mapped to which tax codes.
- Tax History Details to view a report that shows complete tax details for any or all transactions. If you select this, do any of the following:
- Next to Date Range, select a date range for transactions on which to report.
- Next to Document Type, select either Sales Invoice or Credit Memos to generate a report that only includes those types of transactions.
- In the AvaTax Reports dialog box, at the bottom, click Generate Report.
Print and export reports
To print and export reports, follow these steps:
- Click Generate Report, and then do one of the following:
- To print the report, at the upper left, click the Print icon.
- To export the report, on the report window, at the upper left, click the Export icon and select one of these export formats:
- Crystal Reports: .rpt format
- Adobe Acrobat: .pdf document
- Microsoft Excel: .xls formatted spreadsheet
- Microsoft Excel Data Only: .xls unformatted spreadsheet
- Microsoft Word: .doc (Word 1997-2003 format)
- Rich Text Format: .rtf document
- Click Save.