Quicklyat once in order to ensure that the address is formatted correctly for AvaTax to calculate tax accurately. Validate a variety of addresses: your company's addresses, your customers' addresses, and your vendors' addresses.
At this time, AvaTax only validates addresses in the United States and Canada.
Validate a customer or vendor address
AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop provides a tool that shows you whether any address is valid, that is, whether the address exists and has the correct ZIP code and other elements. To use this tool, follow the steps below:
- Configure AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop to validate addresses for customers or vendors and ensure that the Customer, Vendors, and Others are enabled.
- In QuickBooks Desktop in the Customer Center or Vendor Center, open or create a customer record or vendor record with an address, and then click OK.
- In the Address Validation dialog box, click Accept and OK to use the address that AvaTax validates.
Validate your company address
- On the file click AvaTax, and then click Company Address Validation..
- In the Address Validation dialog box, note the legal U.S. Postal Service address in the right pane..
- In QuickBooks Desktop, on the Company menu, click Company Information.
- In the Company Information dialog box, update the company address so it matches the validated address in the Address Validation dialog box in step 2.
Validate many addresses
This tool lets you validate the addresses of many customers at once in a batch. To use this tool, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click AvaTax, and then click Address Validation Batch Utility.
- In the Batch Validation dialog box, click any of the following:
- Customer Bill to to validate customer bill-to addresses.
- Customer Ship to to validate customer ship-to addresses.
- Vendor Primary to validate the vendor's primary address.
- Inventory Site to validate the addresses of warehouse locations.
- In the Range Selection dialog box, click any of the following:
- All Entry to validate all entries in QuickBooks Desktop that you chose in the Batch Validation dialog box.
- Display Name to validate entries that you chose in the Batch Validation dialog box based on customer name.
- Report Only to display the validation results without updating the corresponding records in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Auto Validation with Report to display the validation results and update the corresponding records in in QuickBooks Desktop.