Learn how toin AvaTax for OpenCart. This feature is enabled by default when you set up your account. To see how to change the default setting, read reconfigure AvaTax for OpenCart.
AvaTax for OpenCart only validates addresses in the United States and Canada.
Whenever you create and save an address for a store or a customer, AvaTax for OpenCart automatically validates the address and if incorrect, lets you replace it with the validated address. To validate the address, follow these steps:
- Ensure that the Enable AvaTax Address Validation option is enabled in Avalara Configuration
- For a store, go to OpenCart > System > Settings. Select your store and click Edit in the action column.
- For a customer, go to OpenCart > Sales > Customers > Customers. Select the customer and click Edit in the action column.
- In the AvaTax Address Validation dialog box, to update the current address with the validated address click Apply, else click Cancel.
- If both the addresses (original address and the validated address) match, no action is required.
- If the original address and the validated address do not match, click Apply to replace the original address with the validated address.
- If the address details are insufficient for validation, the "Insufficient address information" error message is displayed. Add additional address details and validate again.
- If the address details are incorrect, the "Unable to validate the address" error message is displayed. Type the correct address and validate again.
- If the address details contain an incorrect or invalid zip / postal code, the "Invalid Zip / Postal Code" error message is displayed. Type the correct zip / postal code and validate again.