This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax for NetSuite
Learn how to create a new invoice in AvaTax for NetSuite and add items to the invoice.
Create new invoice
To create a new invoice, follow these steps:
- Click Transactions.
- Click Sales.
- Click Create Invoices.
- Complete the following required fields:
- Custom Form: Select the form from the menu.
- Customer: Select the customer to pass to AvaTax.
- Date: Type the transaction date for tax calculation.
- Posting Period: Select the date range from the menu.
- Location: Controls the origin address used for calculation purposes.
- Click Save.
Add items to an invoice
The following fields need to be filled:
- Item: Required information that is captured by AvaTax.
- Description: This field is required and displays a warning if not populated.
- Amount: Used to calculate tax for the line.
- Tax Item: Select AVATAX.
- Taxable: If the item isn't mapped to a tax code, this column is used to determine item taxability. If left unchecked, no tax will be calculated.
- In the Items area, there are three Ship-To columns:
- Ship-To Longitude
- Ship-To Latitude
- Ship-To Entity/Use Code