To upgrade to the latest version of AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV, you need to:
- Find the current installed version.
- Check the Admin Console Download section for the latest version details of this integration.
- If the installed version matches the version in the Admin Console, you have the latest version installed in your integration and you don't need to worry about upgrading at this time.
- If the Admin Console has a later version, then you need to upgrade your installation. The release guide list the updates/enhancements made in the latest release.
- Download the latest version from the Admin Console.
Find your current installed version number
Check and download the latest version
To connect your accounting software to AvaTax, download your integration software.
- In the Admin Console, on the Home tab, click Get Started.
- In the Download and Install Your Integration Software section, click Download Software.
- In the Download Your AvaTax Connector Software window, click the arrow next to the name of your software, and then download the latest version of your integration. If the file isn't available for download, clear your browser's cache, and log back into the Admin Console.
- Save the .zip file somewhere on your computer that's easy to find.
- Right-click the .zip file and extract the installation folder or file (.exe or .pdf or .msi).
Upgrade to the latest version
It's recommend to attempt the upgrade in a test environment before upgrading your production environment.
To upgrade, follow these steps:
- Right-click the downloaded zip file and extract the installation folder or file to somewhere that's easy to find.
- Run the installer. If you have an existing installation, the installer confirms whether you want to upgrade your existing version. Click Yes to continue.
- After the installation is complete, ensure that either you or your implementation partner merges the latest code with your existing AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV version.
- After the installation is complete, to confirm that the upgrade is successful, in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, go to Home > Departments > AvaTax > Setup > Administration > AvaTax Configuration and click Verify Credentials. The Succeeded message indicates a successful connection.