This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Update company information and configure additional settings after you've integrated with AvaTax.
- Assign customers to AvaTax
To make sure AvaTax calculates tax for all your customers, add the AVATAX tax item to your customer records.
- Manage taxability of products and services
Manage item taxability by mapping a tax code to an item in AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV. By associating your items with tax codes, you can manage item taxability by product or product category, and allow for jurisdictional subtlety in taxability.
- Configure time out
You can adjust how long it takes to receive information back from AvaTax before it times out in Microsoft Dynamics NAV and sends an error message.
- Find your AvaTax connector version number
Learn how to locate your version number AvaTax supports many versions of Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Set user preferences for AvaTax
Set and edit your user preferences in AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV to control settings such as warning messages and address validation.
- Troubleshoot DLL errors
Learn how to troubleshoot DLL errors.
- Upgrade utility for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Use the upgrade utility to implement the improved storage method of transactions in Microsoft Dynamics NAV for the following AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV releases:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 6.00.32012.23.00
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 RTM 7.00.33781.06.04
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 7.10.35473.12.00
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 RTM 8.00.37874.09.00
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 RTM 9.00.42815.04.00.
- Upgrade your AvaTax version
Follow these steps to upgrade to the latest version of AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Validate addresses
Quickly at once in order to ensure that the address is formatted correctly for AvaTax to calculate tax accurately.