After installing and configuring AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, you are ready to begin generating sales tax calculations for your organization.
Calculate sales tax
- Click AvaTax.
- Click Area Page.
- Click Sales Order.
- Click Sales Tax or the Totals button to access the Sales Order window.
- Click Setup and select Sales Tax to calculate sales tax.
AvaTax generates a sales tax calculation, and presents the results. Sales tax is also calculated when you save forms and release the order during the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 posting process. The sales tax calculation process remains the same for other sales-related transactions supported by AvaTax.
Calculate sales tax on sales orders
You can select documents and re-process them for tax calculation while uploading a batch of sales orders. To calculate tax on a batch of sales orders, follow these steps:
- Click the Batch Tax Calculation window, and select the applicable transaction type:
- To search via document number, use the Range field’s lookup button.
- To search via entry dates, use the Start and End fields to search for the desired document.
- Click the Get Tax button. The recalculated documents display in the grid.