Now that you've completed the basic setup for calculating tax and performing address validations, it's time to set up your tax profile in your AvaTax account using the Tax Profile Assistant.
Connect to AvaTax account using the Tax Profile Assistant
The AvaTax Tax Profile Assistant ensures the configurations in your accounting system or ecommerce cart align with your AvaTax settings, in order for the system to provide the most accurate tax information. To use the Tax Profile Assistance, follow these steps:
- To access the Tax Profile Assistant, go to the AvaTax Setup Assistant page or the AvaTax Configuration page. The access path may vary based on the integration used for accessing AvaTax.
- The Avalara Tax Profile Assistant welcome page displays your tax profile status based on your AvaTax configuration and settings. Add the missing settings, marked with this symbol , to complete your tax profile.
- Connecting you to Avalara AvaTax: Status of the connection.
- Tax profile is completed in AvaTax?: Tells you whether your tax profile is complete in the Admin Console. A tax profile is considered incomplete if you have not created a company or setup your nexus settings.
- AvaTax settings in ERP are complete?: Status of AvaTax settings required in the accounting system or ecommerce software. This is considered incomplete if the following are not set or mapped:
- Tax schedule
- Address validation
- Item taxability
- Click Next.
- On the New Company Creation page, information received from your accounting system or ecommerce cart is used to pre-populate the fields. Click Create Company to create a new company and proceed to the Tax Jurisdiction page.
- On the Tax Jurisdiction page, either select and set your nexus jurisdictions based on your preferred location or choose to skip this selection.
- The AvaTax Setup Checklist page lists the status of the setup for this AvaTax account. A tab details the status of the setting and provides a link to access the setting in the Admin Console.
The AvaTax Setup Checklist tabs:
- The Select Tax Profile tab displays the details of the company connected to the AvaTax account.
- The Tax Jurisdictions tab displays the nexus jurisdictions for this company.
- The Tax Schedule tab displays the status of the tax schedule mapped to AvaTax.
- The Address Validation tab displays the address validation settings for this company.
- The Customer Mapping tab displays the customer mapping details.
- The Item Taxability tab displays the item mapping details. This tab also displays the count of the number of customers mapped as non-taxable, as well as special handling tax items.
- To exit, close this tab.