This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax for Accounting Seed for Salesforce
AvaTax for Accounting Seed for Salesforce can calculatefor account payable transactions.
Configure consumer tax
To configure consumer tax, follow these steps:
Calculate consumer use tax
To calculate consumer use tax, follow these steps:
- Go to Accounts Payable and click New.
- On the New Account Payable page:
- Select a Vendor.
- Type the Payee Reference.
- Select the Account Period.
- Click Save.
- To add an item to the invoice, click New Account Payable Line.
- Click Verify Tax.
- The following message is displayed. Click OK.
- Change the Pending Status to Approved. Before posting, if the Pending Status is not Approved, then the following error message is displayed.
- To accrue the self-assessed consumer use tax, click Post/Commit.
- The Pending Status changes from Approved to Posted and the calculated consumer use tax is added as a new line.
- are stored in the Admin Console on the transactions tab. In the example below, you can see the details of the invoice shown above. For more information, read reviewing transactions.