In your accounting software, calculate and verify consumer use tax, assign the use tax to an accrual account, and send the transaction to AvaTax for consumer use tax reporting. AvaTax settles your accounting software's GL accounts with the accrual amount accordingly.
- Using this feature may trigger additional fees. Talk to your Customer Account Manager (CAM) for more information.
- Consumer use tax isn't applicable to Canadian transactions
Calculate consumer use tax on transactions in the following ways:
- Calculate consumer use tax in your accounting software
- Import transaction details into AvaTax
Configure consumer tax
To configure consumer tax, follow these steps:
Calculate consumer use tax
To calculate consumer use tax, follow these steps:
- Go to Accounts Payable and click New.
- On the New Account Payable page:
- Select a Vendor.
- Type the Payee Reference.
- Select the Account Period.
- Click Save.
- To add an item to the invoice, click New Account Payable Line.
- Click Verify Tax.
- The following message is displayed. Click OK.
- Change the Pending Status to Approved. Before posting, if the Pending Status is not Approved, then the following error message is displayed.
- To accrue the self-assessed consumer use tax, click Post/Commit.
- The Pending Status changes from Approved to Posted and the calculated consumer use tax is added as a new line.