The latest changes to CertCapture. For updates to CertCapture’s form library, view our history of form changes.
February 11, 2021
- Fixed an issue that prevented the customer Requests tab from displaying certificates requests when no exposure zone was specified.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Vendor Exemptions users from saving the signer's name, signer's title, and signature.
January 28, 2021
- Fixed an issue that prevented document request campaigns from displaying status updates.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some multijurisdictional exemption certificates from being deleted.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Advanced Users from deleting files from the document validation queue.
- Fixed an issue that prevented a small number of accounts from sending document requests.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the bulk customer change process from updating a customer number if the new customer number existed in another company in the same account.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the exemption matrix from being reset to default values.
- When using the COMPANY_LOGO template tag in a cover letter, the logo is now automatically resized to a maximum height of 100 pixels.
- The default search option has changed from Exact Match to Full Wildcard Match.
January 14, 2021
- Users now receive a notification in the Message Center when a certificate they upload is validated by another user.
- The Upload Documents menu now allows you to add customers directly to the new document. Previously customers couldn't be added until the validation stage.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in blank recurring reports being emailed when the Skip Blank Reports option is enabled.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some document request campaign PDFs from being generated.
- Fixed an issue that caused Single Use certificates created via the CertCapture API to revert to Blanket certificates during validation.
- Fixed an issue where certificates created via the CertCapture API didn't display custom field values during validation.
- Fixed an issue with Product Exemption categories: when a new tax code was added to an existing Product Exemption category, the new tax code was not exempted as expected.
- The Add Image button has been removed from the cover letter editor. To add a company logo to a cover letter, first add it under Settings > Company Settings > Company Details, then use the COMPANY_LOGO template tag in the cover letter.
December 17, 2020
- Fixed an issue that prevented the USA SST Multi certificate from being completed in CertExpress when no tax IDs was entered.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in recurring reports being sent to inactive user accounts.
- For outgoing documents, the certificate tax ID is now prefilled using the tax ID from the exemption matrix.
November 12, 2020
- Fixed a file upload issue that resulted in an error when the filename included the ` character.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in errors when updating the customer Expected Exempt Reason for an exposure zone.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Product Exemption categories from retrieving all mapped tax codes from the associated AvaTax account.
- Fixed an issue with the https://api.certcapture.com/v2/customerID/same-as endpoint that resulted in a 500 error when the specified customer ID had no same-as relationships.
October 29, 2020
- An option has been added to receive email notifications when a document you've uploaded has been escalated.
This is available by selecting your username in the upper right, then selecting My Profile > My Preferences > Email Preferences.
- Improved the error messaging when a cover letter is saved with invalid HTML.
- The Manage Documents > Send Single Request page has been redesigned.
It is now possible to send an open-ended document request to your customers, allowing them to provide any exemption certificates they have on file. Uncheck the Request Specific Exemption Certificates option to send an open-ended document request.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from creating a campaign when the LastPass browser extension is installed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented bulk print jobs from completing when the user selects the ZIP (Individual) option.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some companies from being deleted.
October 15, 2020
- There is a new Failed Uploads report available under Reports > Logistics Reports.
This report shows documents that couldn't be successfully uploaded. This usually means that the file is corrupted or formatted incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in incorrect formatting of some special characters when certificates were completed using the guided certificate creation wizard.
September 24, 2020
- The document validation screen now displays a warning message if you select an exempt reason that is not valid for the selected exposure zones, per your exemption matrix settings.
- Fixed an issue where no SQS message was created when unlinking same-as customers.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in users not receiving emails with scheduled reports.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in failed API calls when the endpoint URL ended in the / character.
- Fixed an issue where Advanced Users that are not assigned to a company received the incorrect error message.
September 10, 2020
- Fixed an issue where linking a new customer to an existing exemption certificate did not trigger an SQS update message.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Read-Only users from seeing the customer ShipTo tab.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases the API sent to the AvaTax system did not return a response or get logged to the certificate History tab.
- The Validate Documents menu item has been re-labeled to Upload and Validate Documents.
August 27, 2020
- Fixed an issue that resulted in incorrect column headers on the Customers With Missing Certificates report.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Federal Withholding documents from being created via the CertCapture eCommerce plugin.
- The behavior of the certificate request 'Cover Letter Only' option has changed:
- Previously, this option resulted in a cover letter that did not request documents for any specific regions.
- This option now means that a cover letter is sent that includes requests for all of the specified regions and exempt reasons, but does not include partially-completed copies of the exemption certificate forms.
- The Cover Letter Only option now requires you to select at least one exempt reason.
August 13, 2020
- Resolved an issue where CertExpress could not create new customers if the customer number included the characters # or +.
- The https://api.certcapture.com/v2/certificates/certId/get-pdf endpoint now returns the content-type "application/pdf".
- When creating an SST exemption certificate via CertCapture for eCommerce, Retail, or CertExpress, the user is prompted to select a reason for exemption. There is a subsequent step in the process that allows the user to change the exempt reason. Previously, changing the exempt reason at this point did not result in any changes to the exemption certificate. This behavior has been updated in the following ways:
- Changing the exempt reason in this subsequent step now results in a warning message indicating that a different exempt reason has been selected.
- If the user proceeds with the different exempt reason, the exemption certificate reflects the final exempt reason that the user selected.
July 30, 2020
- Resolved an issue where custom fields intermittently prevented reports from being generated.
July 7, 2020
- Fixed an issue that caused the Revalidate functionality on a multijurisdictional certificate to create a copy of the certificate with a single exposure zone, instead of copying all exposure zones from the original multijurisdictional certificate. The Revalidate function now copies all exposure zones from the original multijurisdictional certificate.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in an error when trying to Bulk Print if any of the customer names included in the search results contained the "&" character.
June 18, 2020
- SSO users can now be viewed and deleted in the Account Settings > Manage Users section.
June 4, 2020
- The error message returned when no authorization token is included in a CertCapture eCommerce API call has been updated for clarity.
May 21, 2020
- The Manage Documents > All Companies page has been temporarily disabled while we resolve performance issues related to the page.
- The All Companies page displays documents that need to be validated for all companies to which a user has access. The page will be re-enabled in an upcoming release.
- The Manage Documents > Validate Documents page is still available, and is not impacted by this change.
- The API Calls logs in the Global Admin Log report now include the certificate ID.
- Fixed an issue where API calls to AvaTax occasionally resulted in a race condition.
May 7, 2020
- Documents can now be deleted in bulk.
- Fixed an issue where users could disable the Require Tax IDs option after the Require SST option was enabled. When the Require SST option is enabled, the Require Tax IDs option is now required and can’t be disabled.
- Fixed an issue where the Delete Multiple Customers import was not deleting customers.
- Fixed an issue where duplicate certificates were created when the following conditions were met:
- The company is part of a cross-company same-as relationship
- The customer linked to the certificate exists in only one of the companies that is part of the cross-company same-as relationship
- The https://api.certcapture.com/v2/clients endpoint has been enhanced: when no x-client-id header is sent, the response now includes a list of all clients to which the user has access.
- The list of available countries has been updated to include all countries, per the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- For accounts using Single Sign-On (SSO), users without attribute mapping for user roles are now set to the user's default user role.
April 20, 2020
- Added the option to change multiple customer numbers at one time via an import template.
- Fixed an issue where importing customers via the import template resulted in a trailing space in the Customer Name field.
- Fixed an issue where uploaded documents with a single quote (') in the file name resulted in a blank screen when validating the document.
Impacted documents that were uploaded prior to this fix can't be recovered. Delete the uploaded document, then re-upload it.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some customer and certificate search exports taking hours to complete.
- Fixed an issue with the GET Customer Custom Fields API where the header 'x-customer-primary-key: customer_number' did not pull the 'value' field in the response.
- Global Admin Logs now include columns for Company and User Role.
April 9, 2020
- Fixed an issue where the required Customer Name field was not indicated as required when adding a customer.
- Fixed an issue where API calls to invalidate one region in a multijurisdictional certificate did not properly invalidate all other regions associated with the multijurisdictional certificate.
- Fixed an issue where W-9 forms could not be created via CertExpress Public.
- Fixed an issue where certificate previews were not being displayed on the first row of certificate results for a customer search.
- Fixed an issue where the customer number was not displayed on the Validate Documents page for revalidated certificates.
March 26, 2020
- Resolved an issue that resulted in occasional slowdown on the customer Taxability Info tab.
- Resolved an issue where the REST API password could not be updated if the user profile was missing a phone number.
- Resolved an issue where Certificates Without Images template imports failed when using a Business Type Number of 2 or 5.
March 12, 2020
March 3, 2020
- Resolved an issue where reports could not be exported in Internet Explorer 11.
- AvaTax API errors on the certificate History tab now include more information indicating which API configuration failed.
- The Save Company Context option has been re-labeled to Save Context, and now both the Company and Document Type context between sessions.
- To access this option, select your username in the upper right, select My Profile, and then select the My Preferences tab.
- The search option now allows for multiple values in custom fields. Search results include all records that match any of the entered values.
- The CertCapture REST API includes the following enhancements:
- A new /v2/attributes endpoint has been created to allow for creating exposure zone attributes.
- A new /v2/attributes-group endpoint has been created to allow for creating exposure zone attribute groups.
- The /v2/exposure-zones endpoint has been updated to include an attribute association.
February 13, 2020
- Resolved an issue where external API calls failed when initiated by a username includes a ` character.
- A Pending Certificates report is now available under Reports > Certificate Reports.
- Improved the clarity of error messages related to invalid certificate signed dates.
- Improved the document type labels for searches that include multiple document types (such as Federal Withholding documents & Sales and Use Tax documents).
- The Dashboard menu item has been re-labeled to Home.
- On the Customers tab of a certificate, right-clicking a customer number and selecting Navigate To This Customer now opens a new tab.
January 30, 2020
- Resolved an issue where the Exemption Description field was not visible for some users.
- Resolved an issue where some users would receive an Internal Server Error when trying to access the Same-As Editor.
- Resolved an incompatibility issue with some browser extensions that caused errors when performing searches.
- Resolved an issue where certificates created via the Certificates Without Images import template did not automatically trigger API calls to AvaTax.
- Configurable export fields are now available for Customer Reports and Certificate Reports.
- A Revalidate button is now available for certificates. This allows you to create a new copy of the certificate for validation, so you can adjust certificate details such as exposure zones.
- Certificate expiration dates can now be changed in bulk via the certificate search results page.
- A Delete button has been added to the Validate Documents page, allowing users to delete uploaded documents before validation has been completed.
- The Certificate Search export report now includes the following columns:
- Customer Create Date
- Customer Modified Date
- Last Transaction Date
- Tax Number (FEIN)
- In the Customer Search export report, the Tax Exposure Zone field has been re-labeled to Certificate Exposure Zone.
January 16, 2020
- Certificate exemption reasons can now be changed in bulk via the certificate search results page.
- You can now customize the fields that are included when exporting the results of a Customer Search or Certificate Search.
- The Missing Certificate widget can now be configured to display Bill-To or Ship-To certificates.
- The ECMS Customer Upload template has been replaced with a Certificates Without Images template.
- The History tab of multi-jurisdictional certificates now includes a link to the 'represented by' certificate, which contains the API call history for the multi-jurisdictional certificate.
- Resolved an issue where some users received the error 'Invalid request, please refresh to continue' when performing a Certificate Search or Customer Search.
- Resolved an issue where the Tax ID field of CO Form 5002 was incorrectly mapped to the Driver's License Number field.
- Resolved an issue where certificate validation emails were being sent to some customers with the Validation Notifications setting disabled.
- Resolved an issue where the Missing Certificate and Pending Certificate widgets displayed results for all companies in an account. These widgets now display the results for the selected company.
- Resolved an issue where fax campaigns resulted in an error and did not send faxes.
December 3, 2019
- Resolved an issue where some PDFs received via email failed to generate a barcode.
- Resolved an issue where attempting to claim a stack that was claimed by another user resulted in a blank white window. This now results in a message noting that the stack is not available to be claimed.
- The Settings and Quick Search Options menus have been combined, and are located to the left of the Quick Search bar.
- The Account and Company menus have been moved, and are now directly below the Avalara CertCapture logo.
November 18, 2019
- Addressed an issue where several background tasks (document uploads/report generation/validation) were failing with increased error rates.
- Using the x-client-ids header with the https://api.certcapture.com/v2/customers endpoint no longer results in an error.
- Resolved an issue where users could not be authenticated in CertExpress after logging out and trying to log back in.
- When scheduling emailed reports, users can now select the columns to be included in the reports.
October 25, 2019
Release 6.11.0 and 6.11.1
- Due to a migration of the underlying system to a new network interface, you may receive a warning message related to the server's host key when connecting to the FTP site datafeeds.certcapture.com. This is to be expected, and you can update to the current host key or make sure the correct value is in known hosts before proceeding as normal.
- Two new widgets are available on the Dashboard:
- Pending Certificates: Shows certificates in the 'pending' status
- Missing Certificates: Shows customers with exposure zones that are missing certificates
- General stability and performance improvements.
- You can now create a new bucket without receiving the error message "Please indicate if visible to customer."
CertCapture release notes archive
See the CertCapture releases notes archive for versions 6.10 and earlier.