The latest changes to CertCapture. For updates to CertCapture’s form library, view our history of form changes.
September 16, 2019
Release 6.10.31 and 6.10.31-1
- Certificates added with the ECMS import template no longer overwrite existing certificate and customer information based on the ECMS ID value.
- An error encountered during certificate imports has been fixed.
August 25, 2019
- The sign up prompt that appears after completing a document request in CertExpress no longer expands every time a request is completed.
- The Certificate columns under Validate Documents is now the Certificate ID / Filename column. It contains a file name after a certificate is imported, and a certificate ID and file name when a certificate is ready to be validated.
July 25, 2019
- In Product Categories:
- You can now select or deselect all Product Exemption Categories or related Tax Codes where applicable.
- History is now established when a category is linked to a certificate.
- Hyphens are no longer stripped from purchase order numbers when they are processed in AvaTax through the API.
- The filter for cover letters in Campaigns Scheduling and Delivery now displays the correct cover letters.
July 11, 2019
- Updated certificate and exemption record counts are now available on the CertCapture dashboard. See How Are My Certificates and Exemptions Calculated? for a brief description.
- When CertCapture Public is activated, the Company Settings under the CertCapture tab are organized into groups. For more information, see CertCapture Company Details.
- You can now search for certificates that have supporting documents or search for those with no supporting documents. See Certificate Search in Search for Documents and Customers for details.
- An error encountered when trying to update or replace a certificate record has been fixed.
- Quick Search Options now remain in place multiple searches are performed.
- In-product help that was missing from the Retail Settings tab has been restored.
- The "CertExpress Public" label now appears on settings instead of "Public Wizard".
July 1, 2019
- Certificate PO Numbers that have special characters are now processed with escape characters.
- In CertCapture for Retail, retail managers using SSO (single sign-on) can now select stores by location.
- You can now successfully unlink customers from multijurisdictional certificates.
June 27, 2019
No new enhancements
June 6, 2019
- All new customers now have access to these features with no additional fees:
- You can now update a purchase order number in a certificate through the REST API.
- You can now upload PDF files to an entire multi-jurisdictional group through the REST API.
- Authentication is now working for guests who sign up for CertExpress.
- An Internal Error message encountered with configuring email notifications has been resolved.
May 23, 2019
- Error processing and messaging.
May 10, 2019
No new fixes or enhancements.
April 25, 2019
- The Invalid Report now shows all invalid certificates processed.
- CertCapture now recognizes ".church" domains in email addresses.
- Changes to customer records now automatically trigger an API call.
April 11, 2019
- Nexus settings for Canada now display correctly in the Content Library.
- In an API Create Certificate call, a setting of valid=true in the body of the request now returns valid=true in the response.
March 28, 2019
- Certificates display correctly when you print or download them from an iPhone
- Advanced Search for custom fields now includes Any or All search options
March 14, 2019
- Improvements to performance and security
February 28, 2019
- Stability and security enhancements
- Data added to a certificate during validation is no longer lost if the certificate is escalated
- Fixed an issue printing campaigns that resulted in blank PDF files
February 14, 2019
January 21, 2019
- Public CertExpress:
- New status indicators so it's easier to tell where things went wrong importing documents
- Possible statuses: Processing, Complete, Failed, and Not Processed
- Stubborn saved searches can now be removed
- CertCapture for eCommerce documentation:
January 10, 2019
- The new and improved Public CertExpress now supports importing certificates in bulk
- Turn on the new import button at Company Settings > Company Details > CertExpress Settings > Allow imports on Public CertExpress
December 13, 2018
- Generate a Public CertExpress link to send to customers or add to your website
- Customers use this link to fill out or import exemption certificates instead of waiting on a document request
November 15, 2018
- ECMS Import improvements:
- Revoked certificates can now be imported
- CertCapture now assumes a certificate doesn't expire when its End Date is blank
- Address Line 2 and Address Line 3 are now combined after a successful import
- Fixed an issue where exemptions applied in AvaTax couldn't be unlinked in CertCapture
- Validating multi-jurisdictional documents no longer causes unexpected errors
November 1, 2018
- Performance enhancements and security improvements
October 29, 2018
- Retail location codes are automatically added to documents uploaded with CertCapture for Retail, but only if you've turned on Append Barcodes in your Company Details
- This information now appears under LocationCode when exporting customer or certificate information
- You can now add comments or attach files independently of one another. Previously, CertCapture made you do both or not at all
- Signing certificates on a tablet is more precise
October 5, 2018
- Turn on Populate Customer Email in Validate Documents to automatically add your customer's email address to the Email Updates field when you're validating their document.
- For SST customers, Additional Reason Information should only be required when the exempt reason is set to Other
- "You've created your first document" should no longer appear when filtering documents in CertExpress (it's just excited for you!)
- Fixed an issue where certificate image previews appear as "Missing Documents Needed"
- Fixed an issue where a signer's Title was not properly added to their certificate
September 20, 2018
- Use the new Attach File and Comment fields to add extra customer information while you validate their exemption document, and review the info later
- CertExpress and the CertCapture API now accept phone numbers with extensions
- Fixed an intermittent issue that caused a "We can't find that page" error
August 23, 2018
- Added a small reminder to save your signature in CertExpress if you haven't
- PDFs that couldn't convey a page count to CertCapture never made it to the validation queue with a Failed to Upload status. Now they do!
- Cleaned up some display issues on desktop browsers and mobile devices, including one that kept forcing iPhone users to the bottom of a page
- Eliminated a scenario where companies could be saved to CertExpress with incomplete address information
- Fixed an issue where the fax/email address failed to populate in cover letter templates for requests generated in CertExpress
- Fixes related to AvaTax Update:
August 9, 2018
- A new, smoother experience using CertExpress on your phone or tablet
- Tap to enter a request code, review requests and documents, or update your settings
- Corrected an issue that allowed users to create duplicate companies in CertExpress
- Minor improvements to using the get-token API call when setting up CertCapture for eCommerce; make sure you use the headers specified in the API documentation
- CertExpress no longer forces certain Internet Explorer users to scroll to access important buttons on a page
July 12, 2018
- When completing a document request in CertExpress, unnecessary company location information no longer appears above the form
- Multijurisdictional certificates no longer create duplicate exemptions in AvaTax Update
- Fixed an issue uploading certificates in an image format
June 28, 2018
- Reporting improvements:
- Fixed an issue where CertExpress tried to switch newly uploaded excise certificates to the Excise License document type
- Deleting the PDF copy of a request in your Download Center no longer breaks download links for that PDF in the customer's History tab
- An exemption uploaded to AvaTax via ECMS spreadsheet using entity use code L now maps to the Custom/Other exemption reason in CertCapture
- Fixed issues when uploading exemptions to AvaTax via ECMS spreadsheet containing multiple customers with the same Customer Name but different Customer Codes
June 15, 2018
- Fixed loading issues for certain ecommerce configurations
June 14, 2018
- CertCapture for eCommerce uses an authorization token for communication between CertCapture and your website
- Update CertCapture for eCommerce before August 22, 2018 to ensure a consistent experience for your exempt customers
- Document images can now be rotated while validating documents
- Improvements to CertExpress:
- The Country drop-down now defaults to US until you choose otherwise
- Updated the Add Document button to simplify responding to document requests
- Fixed the inconsistent display of certain Tax IDs in CertCapture after importing exemption records to Exemptions
- Corrected an issue that occasionally prevented customers from appearing in CertCapture Retail searches
June 8, 2018
- Corrected issues saving prefilled exemption certificates and assigning ship-to states to customers
May 31, 2018
- When uploading and validating new documents, files that fail to split into multiple documents are added to the Failed to Upload stage
- Fixed an issue importing ECMS records that have already been applied to AvaTax Transaction Tool transactions
- Removed redundant Fax Number fields in CertExpress
- The Repair PDF button is now better at fixing documents that can't be downloaded or previewed
- When searching for customers, clicking an exposure zone in the list of results now loads the relevant customer's record
May 17, 2018
- Corrected an intermittent issue where documents completed in CertExpress failed to display the signer's title
- Fixed an issue that caused document previews to display an error message instead of an image
- Resolved a server hiccup that occasionally prevented the removal of certain documents from the validation queue
May 9, 2018
- At Avalara, we take the security and protection of customer data seriously. A security issue related to the CertCapture eCommerce SDK was identified, and mitigating controls were implemented to continue protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of CertCapture. The subsequent changes impact implementations in the following way:
- When interacting with your eCommerce integration, new customers are presented with the Your Tax Information menu where they can modify their customer information before proceeding
- If a customer already exists in CertCapture when interacting with your eCommerce integration, the Your Tax Information menu is skipped and the customer can't modify their purchaser information
- Improvements to the above scenarios are in development. Stay tuned to this Release Notes page for future updates
- Fixed a handful of issues that made navigating CertExpress difficult on a mobile device
May 3, 2018
At Avalara, we take the security and protection of customer data seriously. A security issue related to the CertCapture eCommerce SDK has been identified, and we have implemented mitigating controls to continue protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of CertCapture.
We're simplifying the CertExpress experience to make creating and sending exemption documents fast and easy.
- Redesigned CertExpress landing page and sign up experience. Use your request code or sign up and start saving documents and companies
- Reorganized CertExpress dashboard. Store exemption documents by company (previously referred to as vendor) or click Requests to view pending and completed requests
To reduce document errors, CertExpress guides you through the fields of your document. If Upload is missing following the CertExpress update and you need to upload your document instead of completing the fields in CertExpress, change the following setting in CertCapture.
- Go to Settings > Company Settings > Company Details > CertExpress Settings > Disable Upload from Fillable Forms.
- The default value of this setting is yes. Set it to no to restore the Upload button to your CertExpress workflow.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented validation of multi-jurisdictional exposures
- Performance improvements to campaign data tables
April 5, 2018
- General performance and security improvements
- Fixed issues that prevented uploading or downloading PDFs in certain browsers
- Duplicate notifications sometimes appeared in the Message Center after merging or validating documents. Expect normal notifications from here on out
- Corrected an issue that occasionally stopped users from running saved searches
- Made a small accuracy adjustment to the location information displayed on certain stored certificates
- Resolved an issue where the "Saving..." button text failed to indicate when changes were successfully saved
- Fixed issues that prevented the download of campaign files and occasionally caused errors on the Campaign Insights tab
March 29, 2018
- Navigation Improvements
- We've simplified a few selections in the navigation bar:
- Data Entry and Requests have been combined and renamed to Manage Documents
- Company Content has been renamed to Content Library
- Company Settings and Account Settings have been consolidated into Settings
- Account and Company drop-downs are now labeled appropriately
- We've simplified a few selections in the navigation bar:
- New Document Type selector
- CertCapture users that manage Excise or Federal Withholding documents can now switch between document types in one place
- Previously, the document type had to be switched manually before running reports or viewing exemption information specific to Excise and Withholding documents
- General performance and security improvements
- Generating reports no longer prevents users from running other CertCapture operations
- Fixed an issue that blocked users from removing particular exemption reasons
- The Reset to Defaults button sometimes went missing while editing certain Data Entry Sets. We found it and put it back
- Exemption document descriptions now include state abbreviations when customizing the Ship-To zone of a customer
- We're getting an early start on our spring cleaning by tidying up text problems and formatting inconsistencies throughout CertCapture
March 8, 2018
- Corrected an issue that prevented the ShipTo tab from loading properly for customers using excise licenses
- Improved how the search engine handles queries that generate a very large number of results
- PO Numbers containing special characters no longer cause intermittent errors when making API calls
- Fixed an issue in the Validation menu that limited document previews to the first page of a document
February 22, 2018
- Streamlined Sales Tax information is required when validating a document for a state where SST is collected. Contact your Customer Account Manager to adjust this setting
- Repaired the unresponsive calendar modal for users validating documents on Google Chrome
- Tweaked the Only Exposures from Search campaign setting so that customers with missing documents are properly included in new campaigns
- Corrected intermittent issues that caused the Validate Documents page to load slowly
- Improved performance of customer imports that include PO Numbers
February 8, 2018
- Improved performance of the Insights module
- Fixed an intermittent loading delay when saving a new company
- Corrected an issue that occasionally prevented downloads of documents marked Ready for Validation
January 25, 2018
- Improved performance of document uploads via fax
- Eliminated an issue that caused occasional delays loading comments
January 11, 2018
- Added the Limit to Only States From my Customer Search checkbox to campaign settings. This checkbox is available after doing a customer search with exposure zone filters.
- You can now launch CertExpress from within CertCapture. In the footer, click Create a Certificate.
- Selecting an invalid certificate record in CertCapture for Retail displays its specific reason code
- Campaign response total changed when reviewing multiple rounds of campaign results
- Customer exempt reasons couldn't be updated if the customer number contained an ampersand (&)
- When viewing customer records, excise license and certificate exposure zones were highlighted in an incorrect color
- Companies using only the federal withholding document type couldn't select exposure zones or use the W8/W9 template group
- When editing a certificate, Custom Field values didn't align properly with the rest of the page
- Attempting to download a document in the Ready for Validation stage caused "Unable to locate file" errors
- Duplicate Document Categories couldn't be removed
- The cursor changed when hovering over column headings that aren't clickable
- Clicking the Verification Link when adding Washington as an exposure zone during validation loaded an incorrect page
- The Apply to Customer Exposure Zones Only checkbox limited customer zones based on ship-zone instead of ship-state
January 5, 2018
- Minor enhancements and fixes
December 14, 2017
- Campaign and Round Insights are now available only after a campaign round has been sent
- Enter single digit values entered in the Exempt % field during validation
- Sorting documents by Source is much faster
- Fixed an issue where reloading the Campaign page opened the incorrect tab
- Fixed an issue that made some document uploads sent via fax unreliable
November 30, 2017
- Improvements to Campaigns:
- The Valid Certificates (Non-Exposure) checkbox is now Override (Send to All Customers from Search) and is no longer checked by default
- The entries in the Based On column of your Campaign Overview now match the options selected during campaign creation
- When validating a certificate, the Tax Classification field is now required
- When validating a certificate, the LLC Tax Classification custom field is no longer required
- We've cleaned up some capitalization and formatting inconsistencies
- Fixed an issue that caused inaccurate values within the Data Entry > All Companies menu
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Please enter change note for update" error message even when a note was properly entered
- When validating exemption certificates, removing the effective date prevented validation
- Some certificate fields didn't display properly during certificate validation
- Fixed an issue that prevented the creation of resale tax exemption certificates in the state of Pennsylvania via CertCapture for Retail
- On the View Responses tab of a Campaign, customer checkboxes are now read-only
November 16, 2017
- Fixed bugs
November 3, 2017
- Campaign Insights let you:
- Quickly discover how your campaigns are performing
- Export campaign details for a deeper offline analysis in Excel
Updates to the Exemption Matrix let you:
Automatically update when new updates are released. Turn this off or on in your settings. (It's turned on by default.)
Choose which updates you’d like to use if you don’t have auto-updates enabled. We’ll let you know when updates are published.
Easily tell whether your Exemption Matrix matches the default settings with green check marks in individual cells
Reset individual cells, entire rows, columns, or the entire Exemption Matrix. Previously, the only reset option was for the entire Exemption Matrix.
Improved the certificate and document bulk printing (a.k.a. export) experience by communicating the 10k printing limit and letting you know when you’re attempting to exceed it
In CertCapture for Retail, view historical documents without including pending documents. Previously these were combined in one grid.
Added new fields to the customer search results for ExciseCapture:
Override Create Date
Override Effective Date
Override Expiration Date
Tax Number (FEIN)
- Notification emails are now generating for certificates generated through the ecommerce plug-in.
- TIN Check error messages sometimes displayed when the company FEIN matched the SSN of a deceased person. These error messages have been improved and now only apply to a SSN match.
October 5, 2017
- Minor enhancements and fixes