The latest changes to CertCapture. For updates to CertCapture’s form library, view our history of form changes.
March 26, 2020
- Resolved an issue that resulted in occasional slowdown on the customer Taxability Info tab.
- Resolved an issue where the REST API password could not be updated if the user profile was missing a phone number.
- Resolved an issue where Certificates Without Images template imports failed when using a Business Type Number of 2 or 5.
March 12, 2020
March 3, 2020
- Resolved an issue where reports could not be exported in Internet Explorer 11.
- AvaTax API errors on the certificate History tab now include more information indicating which API configuration failed.
- The Save Company Context option has been re-labeled to Save Context, and now both the Company and Document Type context between sessions.
- To access this option, select your username in the upper right, select My Profile, and then select the My Preferences tab.
- The search option now allows for multiple values in custom fields. Search results include all records that match any of the entered values.
- The CertCapture REST API includes the following enhancements:
- A new /v2/attributes endpoint has been created to allow for creating exposure zone attributes.
- A new /v2/attributes-group endpoint has been created to allow for creating exposure zone attribute groups.
- The /v2/exposure-zones endpoint has been updated to include an attribute association.
February 13, 2020
- Resolved an issue where external API calls failed when initiated by a username includes a ` character.
- A Pending Certificates report is now available under Reports > Certificate Reports.
- Improved the clarity of error messages related to invalid certificate signed dates.
- Improved the document type labels for searches that include multiple document types (such as Federal Withholding documents & Sales and Use Tax documents).
- The Dashboard menu item has been re-labeled to Home.
- On the Customers tab of a certificate, right-clicking a customer number and selecting Navigate To This Customer now opens a new tab.
January 30, 2020
- Resolved an issue where the Exemption Description field was not visible for some users.
- Resolved an issue where some users would receive an Internal Server Error when trying to access the Same-As Editor.
- Resolved an incompatibility issue with some browser extensions that caused errors when performing searches.
- Resolved an issue where certificates created via the Certificates Without Images import template did not automatically trigger API calls to AvaTax.
- Configurable export fields are now available for Customer Reports and Certificate Reports.
- A Revalidate button is now available for certificates. This allows you to create a new copy of the certificate for validation, so you can adjust certificate details such as exposure zones.
- Certificate expiration dates can now be changed in bulk via the certificate search results page.
- A Delete button has been added to the Validate Documents page, allowing users to delete uploaded documents before validation has been completed.
- The Certificate Search export report now includes the following columns:
- Customer Create Date
- Customer Modified Date
- Last Transaction Date
- Tax Number (FEIN)
- In the Customer Search export report, the Tax Exposure Zone field has been re-labeled to Certificate Exposure Zone.
January 16, 2020
- Certificate exemption reasons can now be changed in bulk via the certificate search results page.
- You can now customize the fields that are included when exporting the results of a Customer Search or Certificate Search.
- The Missing Certificate widget can now be configured to display Bill-To or Ship-To certificates.
- The ECMS Customer Upload template has been replaced with a Certificates Without Images template.
- The History tab of multi-jurisdictional certificates now includes a link to the 'represented by' certificate, which contains the API call history for the multi-jurisdictional certificate.
- Resolved an issue where some users received the error 'Invalid request, please refresh to continue' when performing a Certificate Search or Customer Search.
- Resolved an issue where the Tax ID field of CO Form 5002 was incorrectly mapped to the Driver's License Number field.
- Resolved an issue where certificate validation emails were being sent to some customers with the Validation Notifications setting disabled.
- Resolved an issue where the Missing Certificate and Pending Certificate widgets displayed results for all companies in an account. These widgets now display the results for the selected company.
- Resolved an issue where fax campaigns resulted in an error and did not send faxes.
December 3, 2019
- Resolved an issue where some PDFs received via email failed to generate a barcode.
- Resolved an issue where attempting to claim a stack that was claimed by another user resulted in a blank white window. This now results in a message noting that the stack is not available to be claimed.
- The Settings and Quick Search Options menus have been combined, and are located to the left of the Quick Search bar.
- The Account and Company menus have been moved, and are now directly below the Avalara CertCapture logo.
November 18, 2019
- Addressed an issue where several background tasks (document uploads/report generation/validation) were failing with increased error rates.
- Using the x-client-ids header with the https://api.certcapture.com/v2/customers endpoint no longer results in an error.
- Resolved an issue where users could not be authenticated in CertExpress after logging out and trying to log back in.
- When scheduling emailed reports, users can now select the columns to be included in the reports.
October 25, 2019
Release 6.11.0 and 6.11.1
- Due to a migration of the underlying system to a new network interface, you may receive a warning message related to the server's host key when connecting to the FTP site datafeeds.certcapture.com. This is to be expected, and you can update to the current host key or make sure the correct value is in known hosts before proceeding as normal.
- Two new widgets are available on the Dashboard:
- Pending Certificates: Shows certificates in the 'pending' status
- Missing Certificates: Shows customers with exposure zones that are missing certificates
- General stability and performance improvements.
- You can now create a new bucket without receiving the error message "Please indicate if visible to customer."
CertCapture release notes archive
See the CertCapture releases notes archive for versions 6.10 and earlier.