Affidavits are used when your customer cannot immediately provide an exemption certificate. A signed and submitted affidavit is saved and associated with your customer's account, and serves as a placeholder document granting temporary exemption to the customer for the period defined in your CertCapture settings, rather than the exemption matrix. Before you map affidavits to exposure zones, set their default exemption period:
- In CertCapture, go to Settings > Company Settings > Company Details
- Select Edit Company Information.
- Next to Affidavit Expiration, select one of the following:
- Use Matrix: Select this to use the expiration period from your Exemption Matrix.
- Number of Days From Effective Date: Select this if you want all affidavits to expire after a set number of days.
- Select Update Company to save.
This setting determines the temporary exemption period for submitted affidavits. It does not impact the exemption period for submitted certificates.