If you determine that there is a more appropriate exemption reason for a group of certificates after you've uploaded and validated them, change the exemption reason for multiple certificates at once.
Before you begin
If you use CertCapture with AvaTax, review the exempt reason matrix to ensure that the new exempt reason is valid for all of the regions associated with the certificates you want to edit. If the exempt reason is not valid for a region, CertCapture can't send the updated data to AvaTax.
- In CertCapture, search for the certificates you want to edit.
- Select the Perform Action on Results menu and then select Change Exemption Reason.
- Select the new exempt reason you'd like to use.
- Select if you would like to update the exempt reason for both single-jurisdiction and multi-jurisdictional certificates, or update only single-jurisdiction certificates.
Updating the exempt reason for multijurisdictional certificates changes the exempt reason for all regions associated with that certificate.
- Select Update Exempt Reason.