After you configure your company information, add your vendors to CertCapture. If it's the first time you're adding vendors to CertCapture, plan to transfer all vendors from your business application into CertCapture. Vendors are added separately for each company in your CertCapture account.
You should plan to transfer vendor information from your business application to CertCapture on a regular basis to keep it up to date.
- In CertCapture, go to Vendors/Payees > Add Vendor/Payee.
If you don't see the Add Vendor/Payee option, make sure to select a document type of Federal Withholding or Sales and Use Tax (Outgoing).
- Add your vendor's details.
- Vendor/Payee Number is important. If you've transferred vendors from your business application, make sure the customer number is correct.
- Optional: If you can define the vendor number in your business application, you can select Generate to have CertCapture generate a unique customer number.
- Select Add New Vendor/Payee.
Now that the customer is created, you can begin uploading and validating their compliance documents. If you're missing some, send a document request.