Tax compliance documents vary based on the nature of your customer's business. Limit your CertCapture operations to a specific document type and more easily manage your compliance documents. The following document types are available in CertCapture:
- Sales and Use Tax exemption certificates
- Federal Withholding documents
- Excise Licenses
- Excise Certificates
If you’d like to manage additional document types in CertCapture, contact your Account Manager to discuss purchasing this add-on.
Before you begin
The default document type in CertCapture is Sales and Use Tax (Incoming). This means sale and use tax exemption certificates that your customers have sent to you. Menus and certain functions change based on the document type you select:
- Document Report options, Document Invalid reasons, cover letter templates, and the customer import template automatically change to match the document type you select
- Customers is replaced with Vendors/Payees in buttons, menus, and reports when using the Federal Withholding document type
- In CertCapture, select the document type drop-down menu, to the right of your Company Name.
The document type menu appears only if your account has more than one document type enabled. Contact your Account Manager to discuss pricing if you're interested in using additional document types.
- Select the document type from the drop-down menu.