Use the CertCapture REST API to develop a custom integration and automate interactions with the CertCapture system. Learn how to configure an API username and password for authenticating your API calls. If you don't have access to the REST API but are interested, contact your Account Manager.
Before you begin
Review the CertCapture REST API documentation:
- CertCapture REST Homepage - Start here!
- CertCapture REST API FAQ - Check here if you run into trouble.
If you want a create a username that will only be used for API credentials:
- Select your User Name in the upper right, and then select My Profile.
- Select the REST API Access tab.
If this tab isn't available, contact your Account Manager to make sure your account has been granted API access.
- Enter and confirm a new password for these API credentials. The API username is set by default.
- The API password never expires.
- API usernames are case-sensitive. Avalara recommends the use of a lower case username.
- Select Update API Account to save your changes.
This username and password combination can now be used to authenticate your API calls. Your standard CertCapture password must be changed every 90 days, but your REST API password never expires. Return to this tab and repeat Steps 3-4 if you need to reset the API password.