By using Product Exemption Categories, you can apply exemption certificates to only specific product categories (for example, Dry Goods, Electronics, etc.)
- You create categories for your customers that include specific tax codes. (You must have Administrator permissions.)
- Your customers select from the categories list to create each certificate. If your CertCapture Company ID is linked to your AvaTax Company ID, the associated tax codes are passed to AvaTax for exemption.
- Product exemption categories are printed on exemption certificates on the last page.
- You can search and report on your product exemption categories.
- The categories you create are available to your customers in CertCapture, CertCapture for Retail, CertExpress, CertExpress Public, and CertCapture for eCommerce.
When this feature is enabled, Product Exemption Category will be a required field during certificate validation. You will not be able to validate a certificate without assigning at least one Product Exemption Category to the certificate.
Before you begin
- Contact your Customer Account Manager (CAM) to enable Product Exemption Categories for your CertCapture account.
- After your account is enabled, enable Product Exemption Categories for each of your companies. You do this in your CertCapture Company Details for the selected company.
- For each company, go to Settings > Company Settings > Company Details and then select the Edit button in the Company Settings tab.
- Set Product Exemption Categories to Yes.