If you receive a compliance document that is missing information such as a business name or signature, mark it as invalid. This prevents the customer from being treated as exempt until they send an updated and complete document.
- In CertCapture, search for the document that you want to mark as invalid.
- Select the document ID.
The document Details tab opens.
- Select the Validation tab.
- Select Edit Certificate Validation.
- Select No from the drop-down menu under *Mark Certificate Valid.
- Optional: Select the drop-down menu under Certificate Invalid Reasons, and then select an invalid reason.
- Select Update Certificate Validation to save your changes.
To change an invalid certificate to valid, remove any invalid reasons and set *Mark Certificate Valid? to Yes.