Reports help you manage all of the documents you collect and store in CertCapture. Do any of your customers have documents that will expire soon? Are you missing customer records? How often are your team members logging into CertCapture? Export reports that answer questions like these, or have CertCapture deliver them to your email on a regular schedule.
After you generate a report and get a list of soon-to-expire exemption certificates, request updated certificates from those customers. If you just want quick information and don't need a full report, try searching for certificates and customers instead.
What you want to do
|What reports to use|
Get information about your exemption certificates
Search for specific exemption certificates and export the results, or create certificate reports specific to finding expired or soon-to-expire certificates, new certificates, and invalid certificates. Create an Exempt Reason Statistics report to review a breakdown of the amount and percentage of certificates using each exemption reason.
Review your customer information
|Search for specific customers and export the results. To find customers that are missing a Customer Name, use the Invalid Customers report. To review the billing and shipping relationships if your customers, use the BillTo - ShipTo Customer report.|
Review your user activity
|See a history of AvaTax API call errors||Create a Failed API Calls report, and learn to fix the issues that caused the errors.|
Forward CertCapture reports to other users
This is useful when individuals in your company need to review data but can't sign into CertCapture.
Schedule report emails in CertCapture
- Click Reports and select a certificate, customer, logistic, or user report.
- Click Run Report. When the report is finished, click the Email Report button.
- Select the days of the week you want CertCapture to run the report and email you the results.
- Change these settings later at My Profile > My Emailed Reports
- Name your report. This report name is included in the subject line of reporting emails. You'll need it for setting up forwarding rules in the next section of this article.
- Click Add Report to save it.
Create a forwarding rule in Outlook
These instructions are based on Microsoft Outlook. Similar email applications may be used.
- Sign in to Microsoft Outlook or a similar email application.
- Create a new Rule.
- Go to Outlook > Preferences, and click Rules. Rules be found in the ribbon under File or Message depending on your platform.
- Add the following rules, using your exact report name and email recipients in the examples:
- When a new message arrives: set this to Subject > Contains > "CertCapture Report: Your Report Name"
- Do the following: set this to Forward To > Your recipient's email address
- Click OK and save your rule.
When CertCapture emails you a report, Microsoft Outlook forwards that email to the recipients in your rule.