This article applies to:CertCapture
Learn how to add customto CertCapture.
Adding custom exempt reasons is not recommended if you use CertCapture with AvaTax. Make sure to use one of the exempt reasons available in AvaTax for any documents that you expect to sync to AvaTax.
- In CertCapture, go to Settings > Account Settings > Exempt Reasons.
- Select one of the following:
- Add Exempt Reason: To add a new exempt reason.
- Edit: To modify an existing exempt reason.
- In the Add Exempt Reason dialog box, add a Name and Description.
- In the Webportal/Retail Lead Question field, type a question that is displayed to users completing certificates in the Retail module or your eCommerce integration.This is the default question for this exempt reason in all exposure zones in the exemption matrix, unless specifically over-ridden there on a state-by-state basis
- Select Add Exempt Reason to save.