Create a Single Use exemption certificate when a customer provides you with a certificate that applies only to a specific transaction, job, or contract.
- View the documents available to you.
- In CertCapture, go to Manage Documents > Validate Documents.
- From Available Documents, select Available Documents or My Unfinished Documents.
Documents Claimed by Others are the files being validated by other users on your account.
- Find a document with the stage Ready for Validation, then select the file name to open a new validation window.
Check multiple files if you want to validate them all in one session
- Enter the document details into the validation window.
Use this table as a guide for each field available during validation.
- Select the check box beneath Single Use.
- Enter a purchase order number or AvaTax document code in the PO Numbers field.
The certificate applies only to transactions where the AvaTax Purchase Order field or Document Code field matches the PO Number that you enter here.
If you're using CertCapture with AvaTax, do not enter more than one PO Number. CertCapture accepts multiple PO Numbers on a single use exemption certificate, but AvaTax does not.
- Select Validate to complete the process.
The document is now validated, and is no longer in the Validate Documents queue. Use search to find it.
- If you aren't ready to complete the validation, select Release to return the certificate to the Available Documents view where another user can validate it.
- When you Release a document, the changes you made are not saved.