If you determine that there is a more appropriate expiration date for a group of certificates after you've uploaded and validated them, change the expiration date for multiple certificates at once.
Certificate effective dates can't be updated in bulk. Edit the certificates individually to change the effective date.
Before you begin
If the certificates have been applied to a transaction in CertCapture, make sure that the new expiration date is later than the date of the transaction. Changing the expiration date to an earlier date causes API errors.
Use the exemption matrix to change default automatic expiration dates.
- In CertCapture, go to Search > Certificate Search.
The Certificate Search page opens.
- Enter your search criteria in the appropriate fields.
You must enter specific search criteria. Performing a search with no search criteria returns your entire database of documents, and CertCapture does not allow bulk changes to your entire database.
- Search is keyword-based. Partial document ID numbers may be included in your results
- To search for multiple documents, separate document ID numbers with a line break (press Return or Enter in the text field). Spaces between ID numbers yield inaccurate results.
- To limit the search to certificates with or without document images, make a selection in the Supporting Document Exists? field.
- Select Get Search Results.
The Search Results page opens.
- Select the Perform Action on Results menu and then select Change Expiration Date.
- Enter the new expiration date you'd like to use.
- Select Update Expiration Date.
- In the message that appears, select OK to confirm that you'd like to change the expiration date for all of the selected certificates.