This article applies to:CertCapture
- In CertCapture for Retail, search for a customer.
- If you can't find a customer after searching, select + New Exemption.
- Follow the customer and certificate creation wizard.
Admin users decide which fields are required and which are optional when customizing the settings for CertCapture for Retail.
- Select Next.
- Select a jurisdiction.
- Adding a jurisdiction initiates the exemption certificate wizard.
- The information you put into the wizard is used to create the certificate.
- See your updates on screen after you generate the certificate.
- Provide the exemption information in the exemption certificate wizard.
- Select a reason for creating the certificate.
- Note any messages about the exemption reason you selected.
Some exemption reasons are not available for online completion.
- Once you’ve provided an exempt reason, provide information to create the certificate online or upload a copy. All forms aren't available for all states.
- Make it official! Have the customer sign using a mouse, touch screen, or signature tablet (whatever your retail location has available).
- Submit the certificate and wait for CertCapture for Retail to process the information you’ve provided. When it’s finished, a window tells you that you’ve successfully created an exemption certificate.
If a customer has an invalid or expired exemption certificate, renew that certificate to get your customer up-to-date.