After you configure your CertCapture company, add customer records. If it's the first time you're adding customers to CertCapture, plan to transfer all exempt customers from your business application into CertCapture. Customer information includes contact details and whether customers were billed for or shipped goods.
Exempt customers in your business application and CertCapture should match. Transfer customer records from your business application to CertCapture on a regular basis to keep it up to date. Since you process transactions in your business application, use that customer list as the source of truth.
Customers are added separately for each company in your CertCapture account.
- In CertCapture, go to Customers > Add Customer.
- Add your customer's details.
- Customer Number, Name, Address Line 1, City, State, Country, and ZIP are required.
- Customer Number is important. If you've transferred customers from your business application, make sure the customer number is correct.
- Optional: If you can define the customer number in your business application, you can select Generate to have CertCapture generate a unique customer number.
- Select Add New Customer.
Now that the customer is created, you can add other details, such as adding Ship To states.