This article applies to:Avalara CertCapture
Streamlined Sales Tax Form
- Rev. 3/06-2
- State filled in as RI.
- Name of purchaser, including street address, city and state.
- Purchaser’s tax ID number with state issued or FEIN or State Driver ID, or Foreign Diplomat number. May still be valid if blank, but ID number entered in Part 5 below.
- Name of seller.
- At least one selection in Part 4: type of business.
- At least one selection in Part 5: reason for exemption. ID number must be entered in this section or in item 3 above.
- Signature of purchaser.
- Retired 1/1/09
The Wholesaler’s Exempt Form is the same except no resale number will be on the form.
- Resale number.
- Description of business of buyer.
- Seller's name.
- Description of items to be purchased.
- Buyer's name.
- Rhode Island is an SST state and recommends the use of the proper SST form. As of 11/15/11 they still have the older/retired forms available on their website in addition to the SST form.
- Regulation SU 07-48 sales to federal government, state of Rhode Island or local governments are exempt and not required to provide an exemption certificate. Schools that are not operated for profit are also exempt (SU 87-39)
- Exempt organizations will be issued a letter from the state identifying them as sales tax exempt. This letter functions as a valid exemption certificate.
- The MTC form will only be accepted for resale exemptions.
- You can find these forms in the certificate library.