This article applies to:Avalara CertCapture
Exemption Certificate Rev-1220 AS
- At least one box checked: Sales and Use Tax, Hotel, Public Transportation, or Passenger Car Rental Tax.
- Must check either PA unit exemption, or PA tax blanket exemption.
- Name of seller.
- At least one reason for exemption marked (1-7) with associated information also included to complete that reason line.
- Name of purchaser, including street address, city and state.
- Signature of purchaser.
- Exemption certificates are suggested to be renewed every 4 years, but regulations do not state a specific expiration date. Religious and charitable exemption certificates must be renewed every five years.
- Sales to federal or state government are exempt by regulation, but does require documentary evidence. Pa code 32.22 for federal and 32.23 for state.
- Exemption certificates must be collected within 60 days after the sale.
- PA-1220 Form
You can find these forms in the certificate library.