Streamlined Sales Tax Form
- State filled in as OK.
- Name of purchaser, including street address, city and state.
- Purchaser’s tax ID number with state issued or FEIN or State Driver ID, or Foreign Diplomat number. May still be valid if blank, but ID number entered in Part 5 below.
- Name of seller.
- At least one selection in Part 4: type of business.
- At least one selection in Part 5: reason for exemption. ID number must be entered in this section or in item 3 above.
- Signature of purchaser.
The state of Oklahoma issues exempt certificates to some customers. These manufacturing sales tax exemption permits will be accepted as valid per regulation 68 O.S. Supp1998 1359.2. These forms do not have a signature from the customer. The dates the state has issued for initiation and expiration are used in CertCapture.
- Resale: State issued resale licenses will not be accepted as valid exemption certificates. These documents appear very similar in format to the Manufacturing Exemptions permit, but have Sales Tax Permit on the top. Regulation 710:65-7-8-Vendor’s responsibility for resale states that a copy of the sales tax permit must accompany a statement that goods purchased are for resale with signature required. Therefore, the document will be scanned as a supporting document, but not a complete exemption certificate
- Government Sales: Government entities are tax exempt by Title 68 O.S. 2002 Supp Section 1356 in Oklahoma. This includes Federal, state and local agencies. We will still request, at a minimum, a letter from the customer stating they are a government agency. They will not possess a Tax ID number. Many of these customers will present a form letter from the Oklahoma Tax Commission, explaining the state law.
- OK Tax ID numbers can be validated online
- OK-Manufacturer Sales Tax Exemption Sample
You can find these forms in the certificate library.