Certificate of Resale Form CRT-61
- Name of seller.
- Name of purchaser, including street address, city and state.
- Check at least one box in item 5 and include the 8 digit registration number listed if the first or second box is selected.
- Description of merchandise purchased.
- At least one box in item 7 is selected.
- Signature of purchaser.
- Date signed.
- If purchaser supplies a registration number that is not exactly 8 digits, it will be deemed invalid.
- If the purchaser only supplies a copy of the state issued reseller certificate, it will be deemed invalid, as state law requires a certificate with a signature.
- Regulation 86 Retailer’s Occupation Tax section 130.1405 presents the majority of information on the state’s sales tax exemption information.
- Purchaser Reseller/IBT numbers can be validated online.
State Issued Letter of Exemption
Customers that are state or federal organizations or state recognized charities will be issued a letter of exemption from the state of Illinois. A copy of this letter will be recognized as a valid exemption certificate. The letter will state specific beginning and expiration dates for the tax exempt status. Normally exempt organizations will have an “E” number for example E-1111-2222
Purchase of Manufacturing Equipment ST-587
- Seller name, address and IL IBT number.
- Purchaser or lessee name and address.
- A description of the equipment to be purchased/leased.
- Statement of how the equipment will be utilized.
- Signature and date.
- IL-ST-587 Machinery Exemption
You can find these forms in the certificate library.